SASS Wire Forum

2022 Georgia State SASS Championship - May 19-21

Krazy Kajun

Announcing the 2022 Georgia State SASS Championship – Stampede At South River. 

Fast Eddie and the folks at the South River Gun Club in Conyers GA cordially invite everyone to come on to Georgia and shoot with us at the 2022 Georgia State SASS Championship. You can find match information on the state match website located here.

The match will be held Thurs May 19 – Sat May 21. The Georgia State Black Powder Championship will be held on Thurs May 19th separate from the main match. Side matches and the state black powder championship are on Thurs. The first 5 stages of the main match will be shot on Friday and the remaining 5 stages and awards will be held on Saturday. 

In lieu of a banquet, we will have an awards ceremony on Saturday evening. Along with upgraded awards, we will also be providing lunch tokens on Friday and Saturday to all contestants. You will have your choice of entree from the club house snack bar.

There are 54 camping spaces with electric and water hookups on the range and are several hotels located about 12 miles from the range in Conyers at exit 82 off I-20.

The match director is Fast Eddie and the stages are being written by Blackhawk Henry and Fast Eddie.   

Ya’ll check out all of the information and if you have questions about anything please let us know.  For match questions contact Fast Eddie, for camping questions contact Max Payne, and for registration questions please contact Krazy Kajun.  Our contact information can be found at the bottom of the match application.

Krazy Kajun

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yes, and they sure make those stages FAST; like my favorite stage:

with pistols - dump ten on any target

with rifle - same as pistols'

with shot gun - shoot until down.

I can turn that into a 30 second stage with no problem !!  (joke) (#sorrynotsorry)

Looking forward to seeing Catherine Zeta-Jones again too !!!!

6 minutes ago, Captain Bill Burt said:

I don’t know….it’s so far away! It takes me over twenty minutes to get from my house to the range, and the price of gas!

I reckon the Burt Bunch will suck it up and drive all the way there.

Son and I was there a few years back.  We had a great time, met a lot of nice folks.  If we can drive down from Indiana you can drive twenty minutes!  Of course, because it was down hill, we coasted all the way there.  :D

I'M IN! Last year was my first time and I said I'd Be Back! Krazy Kajun and Fast Eddie could not be better hosts. The facility is fantastic, the stages are unique and lots of fun, the kitchen food is good and the ice cream social is the best! Check's in the mail today! 

20 minutes ago, Rancho Roy said:

I'M IN! Last year was my first time and I said I'd Be Back! Krazy Kajun and Fast Eddie could not be better hosts. The facility is fantastic, the stages are unique and lots of fun, the kitchen food is good and the ice cream social is the best! Check's in the mail today! 

Maybe we can posse together again!

• 1 month later...

Well we've got 44 shooters registered so far and the work on planning for the state match is going well.  Remember the dates are May 19-21. We still have plenty of camping spots on the range with electric and water hook ups available.  If you planning on shooting this match please get your registration in soon so we can order the buckles in time.  You can find all of the match information on the state match webpage here. If you have any questions you'll find contact information for everything at the bottom of the application.  Hope to see ya'll in Georgia.

Kajun

The camping is excellent as compared to most shoots I have been to. Water & electric on all sites, with both 30 & 50amp. No sewer, but there is a dump station. And, there's a shower as well. We almost filled up all 54 spaces last year, so you might consider getting your app in as early as possible. If you have any questions, email southrivercamping@yahoo.com.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/23/2021 at 2:00 PM, Captain Bill Burt said:

Maybe we can posse together again!

Would love that! Hads a fantastic time last year with you.

7 minutes ago, Captain Bill Burt said:

@Krazy Kajun We need an update pard!  Are we already sold out?

I’ve been in FL all last week, gonna be home later today. Last week we were at about 70 so I don’t think we are sold out yet. However everyone who wants to shoot our match should get their apps in soon. We normally get a good number in daily starting about this time….2 months out. 

Kajun

8 hours ago, Krazy Kajun said:

I’ve been in FL all last week, gonna be home later today. Last week we were at about 70 so I don’t think we are sold out yet. However everyone who wants to shoot our match should get their apps in soon. We normally get a good number in daily starting about this time….2 months out. 

Kajun

Thanks for the hard work oh Krazy one

It's going to be a good one!  Kid Flash is in.  I'll send his app tomorrow. 

Has that rascal @Widder, SASS #59054signed up yet?  What about @Randy Saint Eagle, SASS # 64903?

I'm sure the whole posse 13.5 from TN will be there!  Right @Tennessee williams@Imis Twohofon,SASS # 46646@Tequila Shooter?

33 minutes ago, Captain Bill Burt said:

Has that rascal @Widder, SASS #59054signed up yet?  What about @Randy Saint Eagle, SASS # 64903?

I'm sure the whole posse 13.5 from TN will be there!  Right @Tennessee williams@Imis Twohofon,SASS # 46646@Tequila Shooter?

Nope on all counts. 

Kajun

1 hour ago, Captain Bill Burt said:

Sorry, I won’t be there this year.

Randy 

1 minute ago, Captain Bill Burt said:

But, but....what will I do for shade without you and your wonderful hats?

Capt BB  I keep telling you...it is NOT a hat, it is an umbrella with a fat stick

Imis

We have 98 shooters registered for the GA state match as of today's Pony Express rider.  Shaping up to be another great match.  If you're gonna shoot GA please get your apps in soon so we can get our plans made in plenty of time.

Kajun

Well as of today we've got 110 shooters, come on to GA and see what all the fuss is about!

Kajun

Archived