SASS Wire Forum

Single shot rifles for main match

Been looking at other oddball rifles to fill up the cowboy collection and one has me thinking.

Several companies/importers sell "baby" rolling blocks in common main match chamberings.  I also believe that h&r/NEF made similiar chamberings of the handi rifles.

Would these rifles be legal as main match rifles or would the lack of a leverage and tubular loading forbid them?  

"Rifles or carbines used in the main and team matches must be original or replicas of lever or slide action rifles manufactured during the period from approximately 1860 until 1899, incorporating a tubular magazine and exposed hammer."

3 hours ago, The Aggie Rifleman, SASS#55213 said:

Been looking at other oddball rifles to fill up the cowboy collection and one has me thinking.

Several companies/importers sell "baby" rolling blocks in common main match chamberings.  I also believe that h&r/NEF made similiar chamberings of the handi rifles.

Would these rifles be legal as main match rifles, or would the lack of a leverage and tubular loading forbid them?  

3 hours ago, Jackalope said:

"Rifles or carbines used in the main and team matches must be original or replicas of lever or slide action rifles manufactured during the period from approximately 1860 until 1899, incorporating a tubular magazine and exposed hammer."

SHB p.39

Archived