SASS Wire Forum

FS: Interarms “Virginian Dragoon”, Stainless Steel, .44 Magnum, Single Action Revolver - 8” Barrel SOLD

Flaco Joe

This is a tank of a revolver! It’s an Interarms, single action, “Virginian Dragoon” model in .44 Magnum. It has an 8” barrel and walnut grips. It is in excellent condition showing little use. It is similar in size to a Ruger Blackhawk.

This revolver is SASS legal for some categories; however, it would also make a great hunting piece. The frame allows for a scope attachment. It would make an awesome hog hunting gun! 

$700 shipped to your FFL. SOLD PF

765F09AE-F155-49CA-84A0-B7EB4D4B09D0.jpeg

66EBE3C8-E9A3-4CEE-97D9-0BE35C57233E.jpeg

396AF61F-4BB9-40A6-B78F-772C9F0F47B9.jpeg

85F4FA7E-9193-48C1-89F0-44B3C99476B8.jpeg

You infer that this is built like a tank. Yes it is... a beautiful tank at that. :D Great gun!!!!

I forget the reasoning behind the grooves on the sides of the top strap, but they are NOT for mounting a scope - the dimensions don't work and the grooves are too short to place a ring on each side of the turrets. What is inscribed on the butt? There were at least five inscriptions used. Mine is the Yorktown version.

Forty years ago, Interarms had a special, one to a dealer, pricing deal going on, so mine ending up setting me back $155, brand new. I think they were going for ~$275 or so at the time. Stout revolvers and good shooters.

The inscription on the butt is “Liberty Forever”.

Still available folks! 

Merry Christmas! 

Tempting... tempting... tempting...

I like showing up with goofy CAS guns, and my Dragoon is one of the few I don't have a mate for...

VirginianDragoon.jpg

• Flaco Joe changed the title to FS: Interarms “Virginian Dragoon”, Stainless Steel, .44 Magnum, Single Action Revolver - 8” Barrel SOLD
  • 3 weeks later...

Good thing I'm built kinda like a pack horse - these things are quite a bit heavier than my 18" Uberti .45 Buntlines even. :lol: Just shy of 12 lbs with holsters, belt, shotshells, and ten rounds of .44 mag, and I haven't even added a knife yet! The guns & holsters alone are 9 lbs 6 oz - they're hanging free on the scale and not touching anything on either side. I had a couple of Hunter 10" Super Blackhawk shoulder holsters, and with a bit of stretching and making belt loops for them, they'll work fine.

DragoonsWeight.jpg

Well, no one can accuse you of being a wimp, that’s for sure! My dad shoots a pair of 7” Blackhawks and can hardly keep his pants up with them on! Glad you are happy with the gun. 

Nice rig by the way!

Archived