SASS Wire Forum

An observation from a non-SASS gun forum

Last Call Saul

I am a member on AR15.com that is one of the largest gun forums in the world. 

Recently I noticed a big uptick in the posts about an interest in the SA revolvers, lever action rifles...lots of questions about Uberti and the other replicas, even about percussion revolvers.  I never noticed it before on that forum, where Glocks and AR-15 were discussed almost exclusively with some 1911 content sprinkled in between :).

however, maybe i just never paid attention to these topics as I was not into SASS and cowboy era firearms yet myself?

anyone else sees the increase of interest on non-SASS forums?

The Coltforum has had a great deal of new members. Most are the usual, hey, what's my SAA worth?, but some seem here to stay.

I can't speak about other forums, but I've been approached/asked about SA revolvers and lever guns in the last 18-24 months more than I have in my entire life.

We all know why gun sales are through the roof and ammo and components are scarce, so I won't re-hash that. 

Seems to me to be those "new" gun buyers that want the farthest thing they can get from a "black" gun.  IOW... that old-timey SA revolver isn't evil.

Sure, lever guns especially.   Probably coming from concerns that mag-fed semiautos (rifles or pistols) may face severe regulatory pressures in the near future.   Be awake to your own state trying to add new regulations.

good luck, GJ

56 minutes ago, Last Call Saul said:

I am a member on AR15.com that is one of the largest gun forums in the world. 

Recently I noticed a big uptick in the posts about an interest in the SA revolvers, lever action rifles...lots of questions about Uberti and the other replicas, even about percussion revolvers.  I never noticed it before on that forum, where Glocks and AR-15 were discussed almost exclusively with some 1911 content sprinkled in between :).

however, maybe i just never paid attention to these topics as I was not into SASS and cowboy era firearms yet myself?

anyone else sees the increase of interest on non-SASS forums?

The Alec Baldwin incident has some interested in SA revolvers and the like. The Yellowstone/1883 series has some interested. The current political climate has also generated some interest. There are many reasons that different firearms, other than what you're used to, stir interest. 

Archived