SASS Wire Forum

2022 Western Frontiersman Territorial

Tully Mars

Announcing the 2022 Western Frontiersman Territorial! California's Cap and Ball Extravaganza, as per Big Dave's article in the 2021 October addition of the Cowboy Chronicle! June 17-19, 2022 at the Sacramento Valley Shooting Center is Sloughhouse, Ca.

10 stages of Black Powder fun, two stages requiring four percussion pistols, main match rifle, shotgun and single shot rifle in either rifle caliber or pistol caliber! Single shot will be used through out the match in addition to your main match guns on a few stages.

Unique side matches, cut the cards, Turkey Shoot (my favorite), single shot rifle, pocket pistol (shoot the card sharks for 5 rounds)?

Dry camping available, water onsite to fill your tanks! 

Thanks,

Tully

2022 WFT application.pdf

Too bad, only have 2 percussion pistols, so I'm out.

15 minutes ago, twelve mile REB said:

Too bad, only have 2 percussion pistols, so I'm out.

Should you decide to come, you can shoot my pistols on those four pistol stages.

Tully 

Looks like a hoot.  Will you be allowing walkin's?  Fire season will be getting off to a good start by then so it would be a last minute event for me should I be free.

22 minutes ago, Jailhouse Jim, SASS #13104 said:

Looks like a hoot.  Will you be allowing walkin's?  Fire season will be getting off to a good start by then so it would be a last minute event for me should I be free.

Let me know as we get closer. I'll do what I can to accommodate yourself and others. No guarantees though. 

Tully 

• 1 month later...

Provided testing continues in a positive direction, The 2022 Western Frontiersman Territorial will have a few unique side matches, one being a shooting clay birds out of the air with your pistol! Who hasn't wanted to shoot something out of the air with their pistol? We've been experimenting using homemade pistol shot loads for cartridge and C&B's. So far we are extremely excited about this side match, 5 birds, 5 shots. Considering this is a Frontiersman match our hope is to go completely C&B.

The inspiration came from the movie Unforgiven when English Bob shot Pheasants from the train car.

Tully

Archived