SASS Wire Forum

More Culinary Delights

Subdeacon Joe

Replace the Spam with leftover ham. I'll tell ya, I'd take this over the fancy four cheese Mac and cheese with rye brioche bread crumbs and shaved truffle abominations that I've seen the past 5 years.

This sounds like it was in Lady's Home Journal, Good Housekeeping, Woman's Day, and every other "woman's magazine" in the mid-1950s. 

I used to make amazing Mac and cheese. Amazing. 
But I haven’t figured out how to scale down the recipe yet. I will though.

I'd eat it, but then, I learned to eat dang near anything after going hungry and lost in the bush as a youngster.

Oh, I had something to eat; half raw, half burned partridge I shot with my .22

23 minutes ago, Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474 said:

I'd eat it, but then, I learned to eat dang near anything after going hungry and lost in the bush as a youngster.

Oh, I had something to eat; half raw, half burned partridge I shot with my .22

Okay, tell us the story.

On 12/19/2021 at 3:45 PM, Subdeacon Joe said:

In English!

I, for one, think it sounds pretty good.

FB_IMG_1639953778288.jpg

I grew up on the poor side of the tracks...so both of these dishes were mainstays.  I have never heard of this, but at the risk of being put in the stocks, I think I would actually eat it.

8 minutes ago, Cyrus Cassidy #45437 said:

I grew up on the poor side of the tracks...so both of these dishes were mainstays.  I have never heard of this, but at the risk of being put in the stocks, I think I would actually eat it.

I think it looks pretty good, myself.  Maybe used Cream of Mushroom instead of Cream of Celery, if you have leftover ham, use that in place of the Spam.  But as is would be pretty good.

23 hours ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

Okay, tell us the story.

Stupid kid going out after school, for a few minutes, without a compass and greater confidence on his ability to navigate the bush than he really had.

The first night wasn't so bad, but the second night had me really scared and worried.

Walked out to a road the next day after getting a que about my position from the CF-100s taking off and landing on # 1 runway.

I got picked up by an Airman in a truck and driven to the base hospital to get checked out.

After which my Mother hugged me and my Dad wanted to kick my ........butt, after he hugged me.

Archived