SASS Wire Forum

Ruger made Marlin 1894 SS Rifle Availability

J.D. Daily

Today on Gun Talk a Ruger rep stated rifles will be shipping to distributors & Big Box retailers  before the end of the year.  Details are embargoed until tomorrow.  You can check the internet or call your LGS then.  The MSRP is $1390-1400. 

MSRP is one thing....

What we will have to contend with, for the foreseeable future, may be: "W.T.R.A.W.T.P.F.F." 

("What the rookies are willing to pay feeding frenzy")

So far, for me, the jury is still out...until I can see one, in person, for myself. I have three Marlin's, from pre-remington days, so I do have something to compare the new ones to. 

Here's hoping they meet, or exceed, my expectations.

W.K.  

One of the big pluses (I hope) will be the availability of PARTS......   yeehaw.

Hopefully, parts like Extractors, Ejectors, and Carriers will become available again, especially for the 1894's.

And hopefully, they will ensure the carrier timing ramps are hardened and properly timed for their respective calibers.

..........Widder

It's already been announced that the guns released this year in time for Christmas are going to be the 1895 in 45-70.   No 1894s until next year, no MSRP has been mentioned for them.

https://www.guns.com/news/2021/10/08/ruger-ceo-marlin-model-1895-inbound-for-christmas

269698956_4702188256501395_8222643816402841539_n.thumb.jpg.7d600fa54165ab4130cad26c81ce21d7.jpg

"We are excited to officially announce that Ruger-made Marlin® 1895 SBL rifles begin shipping TODAY! Visit marlinfirearms.com to learn more." 

4 hours ago, Turkey Flats Jack said:

All I want to know is what all chamberings will be offered in the near future for the 1894. Fingers crossed for some 44/40 and 38/40's. I have a remlin in 357 and a jm in 44/40 and i'm totally happy with both. 

What the ruger rep told me when we ordered is only 357 and 45 for the first run

1 hour ago, evil dogooder said:

What the ruger rep told me when we ordered is only 357 and 45 for the first run

I'm surprised 44 mag wouldn't come before 45 Colt. They need to get up and running, putting out good product before someone like Davidsons or Lipseys orders a run of 44-40s. Lots of other models will probably come first too. I'd love to see a new 44-40 though.

20 hours ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

One of the big pluses (I hope) will be the availability of PARTS......   yeehaw.

Hopefully, parts like Extractors, Ejectors, and Carriers will become available again, especially for the 1894's.

And hopefully, they will ensure the carrier timing ramps are hardened and properly timed for their respective calibers.

..........Widder

The Marlin website has a link for pre Ruger service. Parts too maybe?

1 hour ago, Smokin Gator SASS #29736 said:

I'm surprised 44 mag wouldn't come before 45 Colt. They need to get up and running, putting out good product before someone like Davidsons or Lipseys orders a run of 44-40s. Lots of other models will probably come first too. I'd love to see a new 44-40 though.

I thought the same thing.   Maybe he misspoke?  Not sure we have 10 of all 4 calibers on order do I'll find out. 

I really like the looks of the slimmed down forend.

Well...looks like I am going to pass on the model 1895. I am sure there is a market for that one, in that configuration, for some. Not for me.

I had an idea what would be the first type/configuration coming out, so I am not surprised.

I am hoping for different configuration options, than the one I see on their website.

Looks like a sort of fiber optic front sight on this one, and rubber-type recoil pad. Understandably this one was built for the majority of folks out there, that are not inclined toward C.A.S., or the traditional lever-action rifle design. 

I am hoping, the proposed model 336, will have the option of NOT having a large-loop lever.

I am hoping the 336 will have wood that is NOT laminated. 

I am hoping that the proposed model 336 will have the option of a straight grip stock, instead of exclusively a pistol-grip.

I don't presently own an 1894 version. If a dealer had accepted a credit card, at the gun show I was attending, several years ago, I would have purchased one in .44 w.c.f.. It will be interesting to see what kind of wood is on the 1894. It used to be black walnut, but from the photograph on the website, I cannot tell much about the wood. 

So...for me...the waiting will continue...although I want to see one in person, to check out the fit, finish, and quality, to compare to the J.M. Marlin's I have now.  Perhaps more varieties will be coming out in 2022, or 23. I can only hope.  

My Two Bits.

W.K. 

I already have my JM Marlin Cowboy Limited in 45 Colt, so I am just hoping that new CAS shooters will soon have an option for a rifle, while the pricing might weaken the justification for going Marlin rather than 1873 Winchester clone. Domestic availability and a better service process with Ruger might still make the difference. I had a JM 336 in 30-30 and never fired it. My gunsmith mounted and sighted in a scope but I never went beyond that impulsive acquisition. I had in mind to own a deer rifle but never went hunting and believed I could secure meat with 45 Colt.

I like everything about this but the big loop lever.

I've been looking for either a blued or SS short-barreled 1895 with pistol-grip stock for the right price.  Not looking too hard but keeping my eyes open.  This could fill the bill, but I want to handle it first.

Archived