SASS Wire Forum

S.A.S.S. Spell Check

I really do hate the existing S.A.S.S. spell-check. 

They changed it, for the Lord only knows what reason, and it is now just awful!!!  

I just want the correct spelling of the word, in case I mis-spell it. I do not want to go on an on-line safari to try and figure out what the correct spelling is...nor do I give a flip about how the sentence is constructed. 

Is this a fourth grade English diction/grammar/look it up on how to spell it, class, or the S.A.S.S. website??? 

Gee-Whizzy.....just give me the correct spelling...that is ALL I want/need/desire. 

When I post to SASS the spell checking comes from my computer programs not SASS.

Doesn't work for me either.

15 hours ago, Waxahachie Kid #17017 L said:

Misspell a word, and it will highlight it, but not give you the correct spelling of the word. :angry:

Does it on my desktop computor also. For instance, it had two blue lines under it before it typed in the next two words. I spelled computer wrong on purpose, it had a red line under it. It's not my computer because it doesn't happen anywhere other than here. I don't mind the spelling reminder but the prose and sentence structure police is annoying...there it is again under the is.

16 hours ago, Waxahachie Kid #17017 L said:

I really do hate the existing S.A.S.S. spell-check. 

They changed it, for the Lord only knows what reason, and it is now just awful!!!  

I just want the correct spelling of the word, in case I mis-spell it. I do not want to go on an on-line safari to try and figure out what the correct spelling is...nor do I give a flip about how the sentence is constructed. 

Is this a fourth grade English diction/grammar/look it up on how to spell it, class, or the S.A.S.S. website??? 

Gee-Whizzy.....just give me the correct spelling...that is ALL I want/need/desire. 

It's your device, not the Wire. 

I use Grammarly. It's a free add-in. My guess; it is not your "computer". More likely it's your browser. I have noticed that when writing on the Wire it doesn't give me options lately. I am using Chrome and they recently had an upgrade.

Works OK on mine. If I spell wrong the PC puts a squiggly red line under it.  Right click on the word and up comes the choices, unless you really pooched the word.

I don't have spell check on my p.c.. The S.A.S.S. site is the only site I get on that has a spell check.

Unless the spell check gremlin, sneaked into my house, in the middle of the night, and installed a spell check on my p.c., I have no idea what is going on.

I presumed it was a S.A.S.S. thing, since it happens on no other site I am on. 

1 minute ago, Waxahachie Kid #17017 L said:

I don't have spell check on my p.c.. The S.A.S.S. site is the only site I get on that has a spell check.

Unless the spell check gremlin, sneaked into my house, in the middle of the night, and installed a spell check on my p.c., I have no idea what is going on.

I presumed it was a S.A.S.S. thing, since it happens on no other site I am on. 

There's a spell check built into your browser.  There's also a spell check built into Windows.  If you're on a Mac, there's one in there too.  If you're on a mobile device, more than likely it has a spell check. 

3 minutes ago, Doc Shapiro said:

There's a spell check built into your browser.  There's also a spell check built into Windows.  If you're on a Mac, there's one in there too.  If you're on a mobile device, more than likely it has a spell check. 

Then it must only be activated on the S.A.S.S. site. It appears no where else, on any site I visit...interactive sites or not. Doesn't matter really. I can put up with the frustration, I suppose. 

6 hours ago, Waxahachie Kid #17017 L said:

Then it must only be activated on the S.A.S.S. site. It appears no where else, on any site I visit...interactive sites or not. Doesn't matter really. I can put up with the frustration, I suppose. 

It might just be in the program the program used for this site that is shows so readily?

I know all our devices have spell check as well as 'predictive' whatever, where it pulls up words and you can tap the word you want without typing it out...but also will put the word IT thinks you wanted instead of what you typed.

All of these we had to go into settings and disable.

Archived