SASS Wire Forum

I felt bad but I warned him

Trigger Mike

Y'all know my son bought used speakers from a so called buddy.  I had told him you never buy used speakers as they may have fried them.  He said he had to jump on them before someone else did and did it anyway.   

He listed them for sale for two weeks,  including Facebook and no one bought them.   We took them to a pawn shop I've done decent business with before and he hooked them up and showed him how he could tell one was shot completely and one on its way.   

He literally sank and dropped his head.  It's a hard lesson and he was not allowed to drive the two weeks until I was sure he finally understood how wrong it was.   

He thanked me when I let him drive to work this afternoon.   

Some lessons are learned the hard way. If I were your son, I would make sure every friend, acquaintance and enemy knew about this "so called buddy."

In my day there would have been some after school pugilistic activities. 

A friend of mine bought a Jenson stereo system off an acquaintance of ours in high school. It came with 50 watts of power and 4 coaxial speakers. Pretty cool stuff for 1976. 
Trouble was once the system got hot it started spewing the most gawd-awful static you could imagine. Turns out pretty much everyone knew that kid’s stereo system was shot except me and my friends. 
My friend got his money back but it took a parking lot rumble to accomplish the justified reimbursement. ;)

Facts. 

8 hours ago, Capt. James H. Callahan said:

Good judgement comes from experience. And a lot of experience comes from bad judgement.

JHC

1 hour ago, Texas Joker said:

I have told my kids 'you can learn from my experience or your own. One's easier.'

Will Rogers said "Some folks learn be reading, some by watching and others just gotta pee on the fence for themselves."

1 hour ago, DeaconKC said:

Will Rogers said "Some folks learn be reading, some by watching and others just gotta pee on the fence for themselves."

............... 'specially if it's an electric fence, ..... with signs, .... and other folks avoiding it .....   :o

instant sobriety  ;)

10 minutes ago, Wallaby Jack, SASS #44062 said:

............... 'specially if it's an electric fence, ..... with signs, .... and other folks avoiding it .....   :o

instant sobriety  ;)

That's the kind of fence he was referring to. Yup, it will send a message...

Archived