SASS Wire Forum

Unboxing tabletop review of latest Pietta Great Western Ii Gen. 2

Deuce Stevens SASS#55996

Nice video but I would like to know if they are 4 click or do they have some type of  firing pin safety?

9 minutes ago, Nickel City Dude said:

Nice video but I would like to know if they are 4 click or do they have some type of  firing pin safety?

This will be a multi part review, I can cover it in next video. 

I have the same gun in 5.5" and 45 Colt. I would make the same comments but would add that the grips can be sanded to fit the frame better, and the ejector tube has knife edges that I had to stone smooth.

31 minutes ago, Nickel City Dude said:

All Pietta SAA repros are 4 click.  Some of them imported by big box stores have a transfer bar.

4 hours ago, Abilene, SASS # 27489 said:

All Pietta SAA repros are 4 click.  Some of them imported by big box stores have a transfer bar.

I got 4 of them configured as blank guns in here about 3 years ago and two of them had transfer bars and two had 4 click hammers.  That is why I asked.

10 minutes ago, Nickel City Dude said:

I got 4 of them configured as blank guns in here about 3 years ago and two of them had transfer bars and two had 4 click hammers.  That is why I asked.

I see.  I know they had or have blank-firing-only guns but don't know anything about them.  The only EMF Pietta gun I have seen that had a transfer bar was a nickled laser-engraved gun, not a standard GW2.

10 hours ago, Nickel City Dude said:

Deuce said in the video that it does not have a transfer bar.  Also the firing pin on the hammer means no T-bar.

I’m seeing some good pricing for these revolvers online from several sellers.  

Also seeing another budget friendly Pietta variant (the “Gunfighter”) with a color case frame, what appears to be a steel grip frame, an octagonal barrel, and the same polymer grips.  Looks like the same revolver sold as the “El Malo”.

Both are badged as Davidson’s Exclusives.  Anyone have any experience with Davidson’s Guarantee program?

I have only bought one gun through Davidson's and my experience was exceptional.  I purchased an IAC "Cowboy" 97 through Davidsons that was  shipped to a local dealer.   When I got it home it was loaded with dummy rounds to check the action.   Working the action the first round fed, the second round fed but the third fourth and fifth round dribbled out the loading opening.   Tried it about 5 times with the same outcome and called the dealer where I picked it up from.  He advised me to bring it to him the next day and he and his gunsmith (his son) would both check it.  After both checked it they decided that it was a factory defect and should be returned to Davidsons.   The dealer called Davidsons while I was there and they advised him it would be replaced and to ship it to them.   I was called by the Dealer two days later who told me that he already received the replacement although he had not returned the defective one yet.  I do not know if this is normal for Davidsons, but I was surprised by that quick of a turn around time to the dealer.  I feel confident that inventory at their (Davidsons) level will directly affect their turn around time and I purchased this gun from them early on when these firearms first came available through them..

Archived