SASS Wire Forum

Any hints on how to get the trigger assembly back into the receiver '73?

Buckshot Bear

I put the hammer at half cock, start the front end first just a bit (where the trigger is) and wiggle it in a little at a time.

PS it gets easier after removal/replacement a few times.

once back in place (may need a little tapping with a screwdriver handle to line up all the holes) I put in the screws and leave them 1/2 turn loose until all are in place (including stock screws) then tighten every thing back up

Assuming you have just replaced the stock lever safety spring with the much lighter clothes pin spring.

Regards

:FlagAm:  :FlagAm:  :FlagAm:

Gateway Kid

See you also got a new mainspring as well. good choice.

Save the original and if you get the urge to try lightening it as well it is not that hard.

You may choose to restore the gun to original someday as well.

Regards

Gateway Kid

5 minutes ago, Gateway Kid SASS# 70038 Life said:

I put the hammer at half cock, start the front end first just a bit (where the trigger is) and wiggle it in a little at a time.

PS it gets easier after removal/replacement a few times.

once back in place (may need a little tapping with a screwdriver handle to line up all the holes) I put in the screws and leave them 1/2 turn loose until all are in place (including stock screws) then tighten every thing back up

Assuming you have just replaced the stock lever safety spring with the much lighter clothes pin spring.

Regards

Gateway Kid

Thanks GK, that's exactly how in the end (after quite some time) I got it back by starting at the front  end. Then I I was able to slowly bit by bit get positioned.

I put in the screws and leave them 1/2 turn loose until all are in place (including stock screws) then tighten every thing back up

That worked perfectly!

1 minute ago, Badlands Bob #61228 said:

Be careful around the edges of the receiver.  They can be really sharp and blood will leave really nasty rust spots on the blued parts.

Didn't cut myself but did note that they are knife sharp!

Congrats on your stick to it.   The sharpest edge on my old 73 was the right side plate around the spoon.  Had the dull them soon.   GW

Archived