SASS Wire Forum

New Christmas Decorations...

There ain't none.

The simple li'l laser pattern projector in my front yard gave up the ghost, so I moseyed on in to Home Dee-Pot on Monday or Tuesday to find a replacement - and found that the entire Christmas decoration section was empty.  So I drove over to Lowes... they had exactly one artificial tree and a few strings of lights.  Nothing else.  Nada.

Now I'm wondering... is everything still sitting on a ship offshore of Santa Barbara?  :huh:

No chance of day-after-Christmas sales this year!  

I was in our Lowes a couple days ago and found the same thing HC, one tree, a display of poinsettas and a few strings of lights. Even at the earliest height of the selling they had maybe 25% of the stock they used to carry. I think it's a combo of supply issues and attacks by cancel culture on our holiday celebrations.

"Cancel Culture."

It's so much easier to tear down what others have built and/or hold dear than to make meaningful contributions in life.  And the b@st@rds get away with it, with accolades heaped upon them by others of their ilk.  And there are too d@mned many of that ilk! :angry:

I would say COVID is still impacting the supply chain. And, after last year folks are over-doing the holidays. Every holiday event we have been to is packed. I think many are trying to make up for last year. (We are!)

We put our tree up and I realized no blinking lights were left (C-7) so I checked store after store locally. None to be had. I ordered a box of 25 on eBay and had them in a few days.

Archived