SASS Wire Forum

Ammo finally getting in

evil dogooder

Just spent the last few hours stocking shelves..  it's nice to actually have some on hand.

Now I just need primes but I'm working on it.

20211217_104146.jpg

2 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Nice to see bows in those shelves. :)

Bows, bows, He dont got to show you no steenking bows

Imis  Somebody had to do it

2 hours ago, evil dogooder said:

Just spent the last few hours stocking shelves..  it's nice to actually have some on hand.

Now I just need primes but I'm working on it.

20211217_104146.jpg

..... so, just where is this Aladins' Cave of copious bounty ?  :huh:

1 hour ago, Wallaby Jack, SASS #44062 said:

Not close enough. :(

12 hours ago, Perro Del Diablo said:

Wow I didn't think TN Williams would be so organized, or even have shelves 

He's got shelves in his ammo 'CLOSET'.

His ammo 'bunker' ain't so organized........ :lol:

..........Widder

19 hours ago, Wallaby Jack, SASS #44062 said:

Hutchinson MN.   

4 hours ago, Tex Jones, SASS 2263 said:

Evil,  which one?

Little crow shooting sports 

Ammo is still hit and miss around here.  Primers are still made of unobtanium.  One local store has small rifle primers, and they are priced $16.99 per 100.  

I have bought some rimfire and a few primers, but otherwise, I'm just shooting up what I have got.  

3 hours ago, LawMan Mark, SASS #57095L said:

Ammo is still hit and miss around here.  Primers are still made of unobtanium.  One local store has small rifle primers, and they are priced $16.99 per 100.  

I have bought some rimfire and a few primers, but otherwise, I'm just shooting up what I have got.  

I'm getting a few primers trickling in. only cci.   Cheaper than what your paying but still 3 times what we used to

Stopped by Walmart this morning and found twelve boxes of .22LR (left them there because I have a few thousand rounds already) and a few boxes of 20 Gauge at $8.95 a box.  Didn't get them either because I haven't gota 28 and don't know anyone who does.

At least something is coming back.

The zeros at Turner’s Outdoorsman here in SoCal advertised “on sale” 250 round boxes of Aguila Super Extra at $29.99 a box Thursday night on their email blast.
Then last night they sent out their “Club” email advertising the same ammo to club members at $19.99 a box. 
I went this morning and waited a while for my number to be called. You have to take a number to be waited on. As I waited I started perusing the ammo shelves behind the counter and discovered they had very little and they sure as hell didn’t have the ammo they emailed about last night after their stores closed. 
I asked a guy behind the counter if they had any of the Super Extra that was advertised. He said “what you see is what we have.” 
I said “So you all advertised prices on ammo you don’t have in the sales email last night?”

He said “I wouldn’t know anything about that”

I said “Why would you? Hell, it’s only the company you work for.”

I threw my number on the counter and told him “Turner’s can shove it up their…:blink:

I left. I do believe that will be the last time I go there. They can go jump themselves. 

199 days 

11 hours ago, evil dogooder said:

I'm getting a few primers trickling in. only cci.   Cheaper than what your paying but still 3 times what we used to

Academy Sports nearby has had some CCI and a few Federals.  They are selling for $6.99 per 100, limit 400 per visit.  But they haven't had any in a month.

13 hours ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

If our major retailers don't have any..... and hasn't had any the past year,  then WHO is getting them?

..........Widder

Companies who load get them.  As well as those who ordered bulk early.  

On 12/18/2021 at 9:19 PM, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

The zeros at Turner’s Outdoorsman here in SoCal advertised “on sale” 250 round boxes of Aguila Super Extra at $29.99 a box Thursday night on their email blast.
Then last night they sent out their “Club” email advertising the same ammo to club members at $19.99 a box. 
I went this morning and waited a while for my number to be called. You have to take a number to be waited on. As I waited I started perusing the ammo shelves behind the counter and discovered they had very little and they sure as hell didn’t have the ammo they emailed about last night after their stores closed. 
I asked a guy behind the counter if they had any of the Super Extra that was advertised. He said “what you see is what we have.” 
I said “So you all advertised prices on ammo you don’t have in the sales email last night?”

He said “I wouldn’t know anything about that”

I said “Why would you? Hell, it’s only the company you work for.”

I threw my number on the counter and told him “Turner’s can shove it up their…:blink:

I left. I do believe that will be the last time I go there. They can go jump themselves. 

199 days 

Don't expect the peons working in the store to have a clue what the people in the corporate office are doing. One of the reasons why I couldn't wait to get out of working retail was the fact that I got to take the blows from customers over the stupid things upper management did.

Most stores around here are starting to have ammo again, small rifle primers are starting to show up pretty regular, for 69.99, bought large pistol at cabelas sunday for 89.99,

Archived