SASS Wire Forum

What's with all the giveaways?

My e-mail is flooded with supposed freebies related (even if marginally) to firearms.  Everything from knives to scopes to freeze dried food to flashlights to camo gear to multi-tools; and it's all "free".  I've always assumed that these are come-ons, designed to get my contact info and then pester me with items for sale.  But the offers are expanding every day, and I'm wondering if I could be missing a real opportunity by throwing them all into the trash.  Has anyone opened one, read one or accepted one?  Any truth to them, or they all to be avoided?  Is this all Chinese junk, or is any of it solid gear?

LL

6 hours ago, Crazy Gun Barney, SASS #2428 said:

Like you, I have always assumed these are all scams of one sort or another.  Nothing is free....

+100000

And once they have your contact info, especially if they sucker you into anything, your info is passed onto other scammers.

You will end up inundated with "Offers". 

On 12/17/2021 at 5:34 PM, Cheyenne Ranger, 48747L said:

my Uncle sent me on a free year-long vacation to lovely SE Asia back in the early 70s

I was sent on the same trip just a little earlier wasn't free been paying ever since.

Semper Fi

Archived