SASS Wire Forum

Inspecting old shotguns - Mark Novak video

Warden Callaway

One problem on used guns is that shade tree gunsmiths tell me how they take a file and sandpaper to the inner workings to smooth things up to make it run better. Not to disparage any SASS members but I know a guy that lost a finger and a thumb on a shotgun that the previous owner smoothed up. It was a pump shotgun made in the 1950s. The previous owner made a bomb, then sold it. Buyer beware, right? That's one mistake. The next mistake was the guy knew the gun wasn't locking up properly and he still kept at it until it did lock up, and then fired it. Thumb and finger gone in an instant.

I know another guy that bought a beautiful plains style muzzleloader. He shot it a few times in one setting, then put it in the safe. He never cleaned it because he felt a quality gun shouldn't need cleaning. A decade later he laughed as he told me how he just sold it to an unsuspecting soul. How far had the rust eaten through? Who knows? But someone was putting it up next to their face every time they fired it.

Well POOH!,  Looks like the whole channel has been taken down.  The channel was only created a few day's ago and was adding a few new videos each day. 

Mark Novak has his YouTube channel yet. I take it these were old videos that were published under C&Rsenal. Maybe someone ripped them off?   I've seen Hickok45 videos that were retitled and uploaded to different YouTube channels.   Or maybe YouTube decided you shouldn't see these videos? 

4 hours ago, Warden Callaway said:

Well POOH!,  Looks like the whole channel has been taken down.  The channel was only created a few day's ago and was adding a few new videos each day. 

Mark Novak has his YouTube channel yet. I take it these were old videos that were published under C&Rsenal. Maybe someone ripped them off?   I've seen Hickok45 videos that were retitled and uploaded to different YouTube channels.   Or maybe YouTube decided you shouldn't see these videos? 

Youtube has started shutting down many firearm videos.

Screenshot_20211217-093010_Chrome.jpg

Mark Novak is still up on YouTube. I briefly looked for the video and got side tacked, which is easy to do on his videos. 

Is there an alternative to youtube yet? 

One that is not censored by the marxist/leftist/liberal/traitors?

If it were not for armed law-abiding citizens, we would be second/third/fourth/fifth generation slave laborers speaking either Japanese, or German, presuming our forefathers had not been executed, that is. 

Their hypocrisy knows no bounds.  :angry:

2 hours ago, Waxahachie Kid #17017 L said:

Is there an alternative to youtube yet? 

One that is not censored by the marxist/leftist/liberal/traitors?

If it were not for armed law-abiding citizens, we would be second/third/fourth/fifth generation slave laborers speaking either Japanese, or German, presuming our forefathers had not been executed, that is. 

Their hypocrisy knows no bounds.  :angry:

Yep.  Try Full 30.  Hickok45 is on it as are others.

www.full30.com/search/hickok45

Archived