SASS Wire Forum

With all the scam/knock off sites showing up.

Singin' Sue 71615

I hate to say it...but stop looking for the 'mother load', the miracle spot that has powder, primers, components all....and guns.

The shops that have been around for years, the trusted local shop...stick with those.

If the big #1 gun supply stores don't have it, what makes you think a 'new'/no name shop would?

Stick with the known...ignore the unknown.

With that said, if someone you KNOW and TRUST tells you of a spot, and they got positive results...maybe.

The problem is some folks think they will stumble on the one shop that 15 million other shoppers didn't click on that will magically have a pipeline to every manufacturer and have everything in stock. The very first thing I do is put something in the cart and then go to check out. If Venmo, PayPal, Bit Coin, or Zelle are listed, it's a scam.

The 800-pound gorillas are Midway, Brownells, Basspro, and Cabelas. If they don't have it, some rinky-dink shop isn't going to have it, at least, not everything. You see how fast Midway sells out of primers and powder. What makes someone think another shop is going to have an unlimited supply. Desperation!

Think about it. PayPal and Venmo don't allow firearm sales. How long do you think a legitimate gun shop would be allowed to use PayPal? Minutes, hours, a day? Some of the real vendors on the Wire have issues with PayPal locking down their accounts for things that are allowed by their own policies! Actually selling guns with PayPal is a risk that no real company would take as they lock down all funds instantly.

The only short cut is in you loosing your money

44 minutes ago, Cholla said:

The problem is some folks think they will stumble on the one shop that 15 million other shoppers didn't click on that will magically have a pipeline to every manufacturer and have everything in stock. The very first thing I do is put something in the cart and then go to check out. If Venmo, PayPal, Bit Coin, or Zelle are listed, it's a scam.

That's not exactly true in all instances....if Venmo, PayPal, Bit Coin or Zelle are the ONLY methods of payment available, then it is most likely a scam. Many reputable vendors accept one or more forms of that type of payment but also accept credit cards...they are most likely reputable businesses.

Just wanted to point that out.

4 minutes ago, Cypress Sun said:

That's not exactly true in all instances....if Venmo, PayPal, Bit Coin or Zelle are the ONLY methods of payment available, then it is most likely a scam. Many reputable vendors accept one or more forms of that type of payment but also accept credit cards...they are most likely reputable businesses.

Just wanted to point that out.

Agreed. I would be hesitant to use bit coin. They tout the fact that buyers can't scam the seller and reverse payment like CC payments. PayPal and Venmo can be used on some firearm related purchases but not firearms themselves and certain related items. PayPal friends and family, especially on SASS FB sales or Gunbroker sales is a HUGE red flag. It is the same as sending cash. It is for just as the name says, friends and family... and I don't trust some family members!

I got a call from one of the majors today telling me that they had Cheddite Shotgun primers in stock. Their web site didn't shot them, but they were responding to the notification request before they listed them for sale. I thought that was a nice touch. I told them to pass them on because I had found some. 

14 hours ago, Singin' Sue 71615 said:

I hate to say it...but stop looking for the 'mother load', the miracle spot that has powder, primers, components all....and guns.

The shops that have been around for years, the trusted local shop...stick with those.

If the big #1 gun supply stores don't have it, what makes you think a 'new'/no name shop would?

Stick with the known...ignore the unknown.

Amen!!

Archived