SASS Wire Forum

Bullet Casters Rejoice?

El CupAJoe

2 minutes ago, Loophole LaRue, SASS #51438 said:

If the government is involved, you will never see a foot of that pipe after it is removed.

LL

supply and demand, there will be a surplus of supply somewhere, unless there isnt :D

30 minutes ago, El CupAJoe said:

supply and demand, there will be a surplus of supply somewhere, unless there isnt :D

Government will label it all with a hazmat rating just below nuclear waste, Will have to be disposed in a very expensive and convoluted process that will cost taxpayers billions of dollars. 

17 minutes ago, Sedalia Dave said:

Government will label it all with a hazmat rating just below nuclear waste, Will have to be disposed in a very expensive and convoluted process that will cost taxpayers billions of dollars. 

Precisely.  

LL

I'm guessing a bunch of it will end up with battery companies etc, which should drive down the cost of scrap lead supply... I just don't see them throwing it all in a hole somewhere.

9 minutes ago, El CupAJoe said:

I'm guessing a bunch of it will end up with battery companies etc, which should drive down the cost of scrap lead supply... I just don't see them throwing it all in a hole somewhere.

I think it will depend on wether or not it’s local government making the decision or the feds . And from there who’s in power at the time , recycling is only a big priority when the right people are making money from it . Think summer of love 

1 hour ago, Sedalia Dave said:

And that is when you wait at the job site with a truck...to 'take as much as you like' off their hands...saving the contractor $$

26 minutes ago, Grass Range said:

I read a long time ago that this kind of lead had many impurities in it which would be hard on the bore?

The impurities burn off and are easily scooped from the top of the melt.

(Garrison Joe, stop cringing with my verbage...and step in!)

The Fed's will require this to be disposed of as hazardous materials.  Collected, contained and disposed of in an approved site.

The Fed's are/were the worst polluters in the country. Since they've been caught the don't mess around. Our military bases were a big dump site for anything and everything. I worked at a number of bases on the West Coast. We were always dealing with hazardous waste.

".... Four states (HI, MN, VA, WA) could provide data for only part of the state, which rendered it unusable for survey purposes...."  funny seems like they included us in the report , 

i suspect most of them in MN are in urban areas , to listen to our gov we out in the land of rocks and cows are only recently in the world of running water , i know mine are PVC we installed them about 30 years ago when we were annexed into the city , 

12 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Holy Cow! I think I now know why retardation is rampant in major cities...

https://www.nrdc.org/lead-pipes-widespread-used-every-state

The NRDC is a left-wing environmental advocacy group, so I look at these stats with a healthy dose of skepticism. Kinda like getting info from Al Gore and John Kerry. 

20 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Where are lead pipes used in this country? I have heard of copper, iron, PVC, but not Lead.

SEE MY POST BELOW.

In Congress

Archived