SASS Wire Forum

Weights and measures

I had been buying XL eggs from a wholesale club but stopped because I wasn’t using them up, forget best by dates, I wasn’t using them within six months of the bb date. So I bought a dozen XL from a supermarket. I made French Toast, “Oh, this egg is not right.” It turns out that the egg shipper put 9 XL and three L eggs in the carton.” Of course there is the possibility that a customer made the swap.  The carton made the needed tare weight but was not right.  I am nerd enough that I will watch this for a few months.

the state weights and measures guys love to do some actual enforcement instead of just calibrating gas pumps a store scales.

Have noticed in probaly the last 6 months, the 2 XL eggs that I have for breakfast every morning dot not make the same omlet they did previously.  Same store and brand as before.      GW

Dang, Jack, you guys down under have meters on your eggs?  Howzat work?

And I've been noticing that for a long time now, GW. Used to take two eggs for my eggs on toast breakfast, now it's four....and I'm losing weight even at that.

6 hours ago, G W Wade said:

Have noticed in probaly the last 6 months, the 2 XL eggs that I have for breakfast every morning dot not make the same omlet they did previously.  Same store and brand as before.      GW

Now they've even corrupted the chickens.  

Archived