SASS Wire Forum

Diabetes and baby formula

Trigger Mike

I had a wild idea.  I decided to buy some ready to drink emphamil baby formula in 8 ounce bottles.  My sugar had been high all morning,  as in above 205 since after breakfast.  I decided to try the baby formula.   Within minutes my sugar dropped to 177.  

I'm wondering if that might be a good solution for sugar peaks.  I'm going to try again at my next spike.  

I told my wife and she said, "we can't afford to keep you in baby formula"  , I guess she has other priorities.   

21 minutes ago, Trigger Mike said:

I had a wild idea.  I decided to buy some ready to drink emphamil baby formula in 8 ounce bottles.  My sugar had been high all morning,  as in above 205 since after breakfast.  I decided to try the baby formula.   Within minutes my sugar dropped to 177.  

I'm wondering if that might be a good solution for sugar peaks.  I'm going to try again at my next spike.  

I told my wife and she said, "we can't afford to keep you in baby formula"  , I guess she has other priorities.   

Would the diabetic Ensure do the same thing???

3 minutes ago, Singin' Sue 71615 said:

Would the diabetic Ensure do the same thing???

My health insurance company assigned me a counselor on diabetes and she said glucerna, etc is bad for me because of all the chemicals.   It does drop my sugar some when I do drink it.   I was hoping baby formula is not as bad since we do feed it to babies.  

Let us know if you start having the urge to gurgle, make bubbles with your drool, or poopy in your pants. If that happens you need to cut back on the formula.

23 minutes ago, Cholla said:

Let us know if you start having the urge to gurgle, make bubbles with your drool, or poopy in your pants. If that happens you need to cut back on the formula.

Or maybe you just have to admit that you're getting old.

4 minutes ago, bgavin said:

I suggest gluten-free, low carb ice cubes.
These work well for me as a labile (brittle) diabetic.

meme.sightgags.food.ice.no.carb.gluten.free.inc.details.sfw.jpg

But may contain lead.:ph34r:

50 minutes ago, John Kloehr said:

We also feed breast milk to babies -- but as you said -- your wife has other priorities.

I mentioned that as an option but she couldn't have children so we adopted and thus breast feeding from her is not an option, so she replied that I could go find a source for breast milk, after I got them pregnant.  I declared I would just do without I guess.  

1 hour ago, bgavin said:

The fussy folks will filter the ice cube water through a Britta before freezing.

:D

I run mine through a Berkey. If you saw the scum I clean off my filters, you would not drink it out of the tap either.

@Trigger Mike

I meant my comment in terms of paying as compared to the cost of the canned drinks. Really did not intend other meaning but can see what I wrote could have another interpretation.

I'm OK with having my post removed if you wish. Feel free to report it; I won't object.

Please accept my apology for any offense.

Just now, John Kloehr said:

@Trigger Mike

I meant my comment in terms of paying as compared to the cost of the canned drinks. Really did not intend other meaning but can see what I wrote could have another interpretation.

I'm OK with having my post removed if you wish. Feel free to report it; I won't object.

Please accept my apology for any offense.

I thought you were funny, not offensive.  

15 hours ago, Trigger Mike said:

I mentioned that as an option but she couldn't have children so we adopted and thus breast feeding from her is not an option, so she replied that I could go find a source for breast milk, after I got them pregnant.  I declared I would just do without I guess.  

Likely a good choice!

On 12/15/2021 at 8:53 AM, Trigger Mike said:

23 hours ago, John Kloehr said:

We also feed breast milk to babies -- but as you said -- your wife has other priorities.

Graham Crackers...  :rolleyes:

On 12/16/2021 at 4:03 PM, Trigger Mike said:

Graham crackers bring it down?

It's the punch line to an old joke I ain't gonna repeat here.... :rolleyes:

Archived