SASS Wire Forum

I'm Sad to Say

DocWard

My dad passed away this morning at the age of 89. I'm still waiting for the realization to hit. What can I say other than he was my dad? He worked hard for our family, tried to instill a good moral compass and work ethic within me, and was always concerned for my wellbeing. I will cherish the good times we had together, and whenever I think of him, inevitably, I will think of camping trips down in Kentucky, where we had our best times together, and got along best. Whether working on the family property, walking the woods and taking pictures, or simply relaxing with food around a campfire, we enjoyed each other's company.

11150526_10152988179288773_2921568532504052596_n.jpg.89be943ca0e2db52a4334824f1aa0a48.jpg

May all beings everywhere plagued with sufferings of body and mind quickly be freed from their illnesses. 
May those frightened cease to be afraid, and may those bound be free. 
May the powerless find power and may people think of befriending one another. 
May those who find themselves in trackless, fearful wildernesses—the children, the aged, the unprotected—be guarded by beneficent celestials, and may they swiftly attain Buddhahood.

Doc,

You have my deepest condolences.     My dad passed away 10+ years ago and us kids still talk of fond memories

of him and all the humorous stuff he did in life.   He could make us laugh thru any adversities we might go thru.

Cherish those memories of your dad.  They are priceless.

God Bless.

..........Widder

Sorry to hear of your loss, my friend. You and your family will be in our prayers.

So sorry for your loss. Prayers. Condolences. 

Sorry to hear of your loss. You have my condolences, and prayers.

It's good you made memories to cherish. Always, hold him in your heart with those 

Doc,

Sincerest condolences on the loss of your dad. 

Our prayers are with you during this extremely difficult time. 

Rest in knowing his memory and the memories you have shared will always be with you. 

I'm so sorry Doc. I know what I want to say to you, but I don't quite know how to put a feeling into words. I just know how I felt when I lost my Pa. Cry, take a breath and cry again. It's been 19 years and sometimes I still do. It's ok.

Your in my thoughts.

My Dad passed away in 2014. He was my best friend. 

What gets me by, and keeps me going is:

Knowing this is just a chapter in his book of existence. It is not the final chapter.

Having the promise, and the assurance, that this is not the only existence.

Knowing he has achieved the goal we all seek

Knowing he would not come back, even if he had the opportunity. He is right where he wants to be. He is waiting on us to join him. 

Knowing that this existence, and the things that happen in this existence, are temporary, not permanent.

Realizing that this life is short, no matter how long one lives...and the next life is without end. 

Knowing that I am closer to seeing him today, than I was yesterday...and knowing I will be closer to seeing him tomorrow, than I am today.

Realizing that he is not so very far away. Only one heartbeat separates me from him. 

However, words are very inadequate to describe how we feel, and what we are going through. But words are all we have to offer. 

We don't know exactly how you feel, since everyone is different. But, a lot of us have gone through the same thing, and we know the grief of separation. 

Needless to say, you and yours will be foremost in my thoughts:(

I wish I could say thank you to everyone individually for the condolences, prayers and well-wishes. I am grateful for them. Yesterday was spent making arrangements for a memorial service, today we continue that, and more. In addition, I need to make sure my brother is doing OK, as he has been the one caring for my dad in his decline and passing. A rough few days ahead.

Archived