SASS Wire Forum

Equipment Needed...HELP!

Deadeye Duvall

We have a new shooter in Citrus County - "Buckshot Burns" from Lecanto. He attended his first match in Hernando, guess what? He's hooked.

I loaned him Lefty Lucy's guns but he needs his own equipment. As you know guns are tough to find with out mortgaging the farm. I/He needs some help locating some equipment, even holsters, shotgun belt, etc. and irons.

I need some leads, any Pards got some stuff they want to sell or get rid of?

dd0daaad4d855afea43ea6d810efd821.jpeg

I got a pair of Ruger NMVs in 45colt with action jobs by Roughneck Rod and a Winchester 1873 in 44-40 with a short stroke action job by Boomstick.  Depending on waist size I could probably hook him up with leather too.  He would only need a shotgun then.  PM for details.

I have a couple Mernickle B Western rigs. One is very fancy and hardly ever used. It comes with matching shotgun belt and spurs with matching straps. $500 shipped

I also have a rather plain Mernickle rig with matching fancy shotgun belt. $275 shipped

These are set up for New Model Rugers with 357 loops.

I have a straight stock 73 in 357, short stroked for $1250 shipped

I have one Wes Flower New Model Vaquero in 357 with 4 5/8 barrel, color case short stroked for $750 shipped

Two Ruger vaquero's in 45 colt, 1 with 4 5/8 and stainless. 1 in 45 colt with 5 1/2 barrel blued  $700 shipped

Pics can be sent to email addresses.

Thanks for looking and have a Merry Christmas

Johnny Meadows

4 hours ago, Deadeye Duvall said:

We have a new shooter in Citrus County - "Buckshot Burns" from Lecanto. He attended his first match in Hernando, guess what? He's hooked.

I loaned him Lefty Lucy's guns but he needs his own equipment. As you know guns are tough to find with out mortgaging the farm. I/He needs some help locating some equipment, even holsters, shotgun belt, etc. and irons.

I need some leads, any Pards got some stuff they want to sell or get rid of?

dd0daaad4d855afea43ea6d810efd821.jpeg

FIrst off, Buckshot Burns should be the one posting/looking for guns. It's great that you are helping/mentoring him but ultimately, he's the one paying for it. Not trying to be critical DD, just want you to know that.

You need to be more specific about type, model, caliber and make of the guns that he wants. A generic blanket statement sounds like he's willing to "just settle" for anything he can get. Acquiring the right guns for yourself is not an overnight feat.

Go to the nearby local matches and let it be known that you're looking to purchase CAS guns.

Post in the SASS Classifieds about exactly what you are looking for. Prowl the various auction sites for CAS guns, keeping in mind what AO stated. Just remember that when you buy from pictures only, you're stuck with what you bought. Take your time, buy what you want the first time. Don't just buy what's available.

Good luck

CS

4 hours ago, Cypress Sun said:

FIrst off, Buckshot Burns should be the one posting/looking for guns. It's great that you are helping/mentoring him but ultimately, he's the one paying for it. Not trying to be critical DD, just want you to know that.

You need to be more specific about type, model, caliber and make of the guns that he wants. A generic blanket statement sounds like he's willing to "just settle" for anything he can get. Acquiring the right guns for yourself is not an overnight feat.

Go to the nearby local matches and let it be known that you're looking to purchase CAS guns.

Post in the SASS Classifieds about exactly what you are looking for. Prowl the various auction sites for CAS guns, keeping in mind what AO stated. Just remember that when you buy from pictures only, you're stuck with what you bought. Take your time, buy what you want the first time. Don't just buy what's available.

Good luck

CS

You are right, I was trying to get the ball rolling and have him do the "legwork"

5 hours ago, Johnny Meadows,SASS#28485L said:

I have a couple Mernickle B Western rigs. One is very fancy and hardly ever used. It comes with matching shotgun belt and spurs with matching straps. $500 shipped

I also have a rather plain Mernickle rig with matching fancy shotgun belt. $275 shipped

These are set up for New Model Rugers with 357 loops.

I have a straight stock 73 in 357, short stroked for $1250 shipped

I have one Wes Flower New Model Vaquero in 357 with 4 5/8 barrel, color case short stroked for $750 shipped

Two Ruger vaquero's in 45 colt, 1 with 4 5/8 and stainless. 1 in 45 colt with 5 1/2 barrel blued  $700 shipped

Pics can be sent to email addresses.

Thanks for looking and have a Merry Christmas

Johnny Meadows

Great, I am forwarding this to him.

7 hours ago, July Smith said:

I got a pair of Ruger NMVs in 45colt with action jobs by Roughneck Rod and a Winchester 1873 in 44-40 with a short stroke action job by Boomstick.  Depending on waist size I could probably hook him up with leather too.  He would only need a shotgun then.  PM for details.

Thanks, will pass it on to him.

Good on you for helping someone get started.

I know Rugers are the CAS standard for pistols but don't overlook Uberti.

I have 3 sets of Rugers and 2 sets of Ubertis. 

My all time favorites are Uberti R-M conversions. Probably not the speediest but they sure are fun and they're still selling around 500 each.

30 minutes ago, Mister Badly said:

I'm shooting 1875 Outlaws with 7.5 inch barrels. They're plenty fast once you get them unholstered.:D

If I remember you are also shooting Outlaw style.

So you're an Outlaw shooting Outlaws. :lol:

8 hours ago, Cypress Sun said:

Good luck

CS

Thanks Sam, good advice from a seasoned cowboy shooter!

The older 4 click Uberti's aren't bad...but stay away from the new 3 click safety firing pin models. I would go with Pietta if I could not get Rugers

9 hours ago, Old Man Graybeard said:

The older 4 click Uberti's aren't bad...but stay away from the new 3 click safety firing pin models. I would go with Pietta if I could not get Rugers

If there were so many problems with the new 3 click Ubertis you’d think they would stop making them but guess what? They’re not. I think the problem is overblown, I have one that runs just fine although it is jus a backup. I have about 300 rounds through it. Just saying’…….

1 hour ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

If there were so many problems with the new 3 click Ubertis you’d think they would stop making them but guess what? They’re not. I think the problem is overblown, I have one that runs just fine although it is jus a backup. I have about 300 rounds through it. Just saying’…….

I had one. In the middle of a state match...no warning... the firing pin decided not to come out anymore. My personal experience...but enough for me to stay away from anymore of them

I have a good belt 38 C size, some low quality holsters,( starter holsters for my wife and 2 sons) badge holder.  It’s a good starter set and he can use till he knows better what he wants.  If interested pm for pics.

$130 plus-shipping,

NVG

Archived