SASS Wire Forum

American Rifleman arrived today

Utah Bob #35998

Reading the article on the Springfield SA35 I saw..

” Now the classic is being made by Springfield Armory right here in the United States — at a surprisingly reasonable price”

…and I laughed and laughed.

At least they didn’t say “available” 

:lol:

I got the magazine last week.  

The advertised M.S.R.P. ($699) may be "reasonable"....but....the on-line gun-sites are getting a lot more for them ($800 and up. Then kick in shipping. credit card fees, shipping insurance, and state sales taxes). Thanks to the rookie buying feeding frenzy. It is chore to get anything at the M.S.R.P.. 

Great looking pistol, though. Love to have one.  Perhaps someday. 

Thanks Springfield. 

'Tis moot for those of us in california, until Springfield decides to start engraving fragile, meaningless gibberish onto the tips of unobtanium alloy firing pins and inaccessible spots on chamber walls using technology that does not exist in a production environment. -_- 

Way to go, Ah-nold~!  :angry:

Been one in a local shop since they were announced.  Sold on a FB ad in less than 5 minutes.  It was sold for MSRP.  The dealer is a good guy who sells volume rather than making a killing on something.  

Reviews are in several gun magazines and they're all positive. They all say it's a improvement over the original. 

I just got mine and, goshdarned it why did Springfield Armory have to do that?  Now I'm salivating and unashamedly IN LUST for that SA-35! I've been trying to get

a P-35 for years with no luck of finding one for under four figures. 

The problem is trying to find one!  I've been trying to get my grubby slimy hands on a new Colt snake gun but haven't even seen one.  Only things aplenty in stores and gun shows are plastic guns! Maybe if I ask Santa really hard..................

Going to my local shop in the morning and ordering one. (They are closed on Sunday and Monday.)Knowing Boris I'll probably pay a bit over the retail price, but not much.....and I'm experienced in waiting for guns.  My Cimarron / Uberti First Model American took almost a year and my 1908 Mannlicher Schonauer has been in the gunsmith shop for about a year waiting for custom scope rings ti fit the God-awful European claw mounts that came on the gun.

I only waited nineteen days for my 1875 Army "Outlaw", but it was in stock at the importer's,.  It was the last one they had and they felt sorry for my wait for the American.

It is hard to visualize them having anywhere near the fit and finish of a genuine Belgium made Hi-Power.  I wonder if they will offer it in high polish blue or just the matt black parkerized look.

I wondered how long it would be before someone slammed the NRA…

9 posts. 

I wanted a Hi-Power for years and then I shot one. So glad I never bought one. I didn’t care for it. Same goes for the CZ 75. They just don’t fit me right. But I do like the looks of them. 

On 12/14/2021 at 5:17 AM, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Reviews are in several gun magazines and they're all positive. They all say it's a improvement over the original. 

There are several reviews online where they started having extraction issues after about 800 rounds fired (Garand Thumb and BHP Spring Solutions). I think I'll hold off for a few more months.

36 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

I wanted a Hi-Power for years and then I shot one. So glad I never bought one. I didn’t care for it. Same goes for the CZ 75. They just don’t fit me right. But I do like the looks of them. 

I loved my CZ75, ........ then my govt. decided that "target" handguns had to have an overall barrel length of 120mm (barrel and chamber together for a semi-auto).

CZ75 measured 116mm ........... they "bought" it from me  .......  compulsory confiscation with compensation.  

I miss it  :(

40 minutes ago, Wallaby Jack, SASS #44062 said:

I loved my CZ75, ........ then my govt. decided that "target" handguns had to have an overall barrel length of 120mm (barrel and chamber together for a semi-auto).

CZ75 measured 116mm ........... they "bought" it from me  .......  compulsory confiscation with compensation.  

I miss it  :(

Just think how much safer Australia is now without all those 116mm long handguns floating around out there.

Yes, that was sarcasm.

My lgs won’t even take orders. Said they don’t expect to see any till May at the earliest.

I'm glad SA jumped on this.  I've had three Hi Powers.  First was fixed sight FN I'd bought at the Mainz_Kastel Rod and Gun club in Germany.  $250 in 1979.  Traded that for a Python in 1981.  Then bought an adjustable sight FN around 1987 in Houston and later sold it.  Then bought another fixed sight FN which I still have.  I just have always liked the look and trigger feel of these.  SA's changes seem to be take care of any of the "annoyances" that folks have had over the years.

Larsen fit is better than any Belgian Hi Power I've owned or handled. I've owned a dozen or so and handled quite a few more!!

Nice trigger due to no mag safety. A bit gritty but will clean up nicely, Nice sights and a pretty good safety to boot. Slight

bevel on the mag well and super nice slim grips. I like the matte blue finish.

They are using a 15lb recoil spring versus the 17lb that FN/Browning uses.I bought a pair and am happy with them.

Archived