SASS Wire Forum

Gun Belt Suspenders

Buckshot Bear

38 minutes ago, Sedalia Dave said:

The smith that made all my gun leather also made suspenders to match. 

When you don't have a butt you have to do something to keep them from ending up around your ankles. :D

I don't have a butt either....but I do have a gut!

Imagine a loop of leather with an attached ring or snap (like for a dog leash). Get a set of leather braces and attach the opposite of what you attached to your leather loop. Said loop should be sized to fit around your gun belt.

I have been wearing regular (cloth) suspenders to hold up my pants my entire time in SASS to avoid having my gun belt over pants belt which is very uncomfortable for me and my (larger) midriff. It also reduces time needed when there is an “urgent need” to properly prepare certain clothing functions if you get my drift. :)The straps that hold up the gun belt always seem to be directly in line with my SG belt and the first couple pairs of SG shell’s which bothers my grabbing those rounds. YMMV
Regards

:FlagAm:  :FlagAm:  :FlagAm:

Gateway Kid

5 hours ago, Go West said:

Imagine a loop of leather with an attached ring or snap (like for a dog leash). Get a set of leather braces and attach the opposite of what you attached to your leather loop. Said loop should be sized to fit around your gun belt.

this is the way my leather lady has mine made , they match my leather and have a great amount of adjustment should i need it down the road , no butt either so i started out just holding my pants up , the gunbelt drug it down , ive found that the added 'hold' has made a huge difference in my day on the range 

made up to work on my pants and my gunbelt rig , she also made a requested holster attachment that fits my pocket pistols when im not wearing the gunbelt or for style points , 

7 hours ago, Go West said:

THIS

My gun belt suspenders have 3 attachment points, 2 in front and 1 in back. The elastic in the back is doubles up so that it can support the extra weight but still have some give when needed. 

1 hour ago, Gateway Kid SASS# 70038 Life said:

I have been wearing regular (cloth) suspenders to hold up my pants my entire time in SASS to avoid having my gun belt over pants belt which is very uncomfortable for me and my (larger) midriff. It also reduces time needed when there is an “urgent need” to properly prepare certain clothing functions if you get my drift. :)The straps that hold up the gun belt always seem to be directly in line with my SG belt and the first couple pairs of SG shell’s which bothers my grabbing those rounds. YMMV
Regards

Gateway Kid

I put my SG belt on last so that it is over the suspender straps. Eliminated the problem of the straps getting in the way.

1 hour ago, Sedalia Dave said:

I put my SG belt on last so that it is over the suspender straps. Eliminated the problem of the straps getting in the way.

Same here. SG belt over suspenders but the leather ones I had were comparatively thick and as I would make my grab I would bump into the edge of the suspender. Very annoying. 
Regards

Gateway Kid

Archived