SASS Wire Forum

You think gas is high in Cal??

Rye Miles #13621

Well, we tried to get a pipeline heading down your way, .......................

Screenshot-20210218-002228-Instagram.jpg

Can't afford to add Turdeau at his usual 35% kick-back off the Top , i'm next to sure we can get Hunter for under 5%  ...  Of net profit....

Jabez Cowboy

5 hours ago, Smuteye John SASS#24774 said:

You're probably going to have to add a Trudeau to the board, too.

.......... is someone getting married? ................. oh, .... TruDeau ....... sorry .......

:blush:

For those of you that got this far, the picture I posted was obviously a sign malfunction and it’s been like that for a month !!

Gas around here is $2.99-$3.19

1 minute ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

For those of you that got this far, the picture I posted was obviously a sign malfunction and it’s been like that for a month !!

Gas around here is $2.99-$3.19

I was just about to ask about that. 

Years ago I was at a gas station in Sacramento that all the gas prices on the digital signs went to zeroes. There was a mad scramble to get paper signs put out there with real prices on them. Apparently people wanted their zero priced gas… 

15 hours ago, Okie Sawbones, SASS #77381 said:

Norway stacks up the top of the list with 9,26 USD per gallon.

And I ain't forgot Barry saying it wasn't fair that we had cheap gas while the Euros had to pay those kind of prices.<_<

What was the first thing President Sniffy did?  Jacked around with the oil supply so's $3+ a gallon gas came back.

I haven't figured out a logical reason for the price to have fallen by .30 a gallon locally.  Yeah, he released a useless amount of oil out of the Federal reserve (it amounted to 2-3 days national consumption) but that's not a reason for the price to fall this much.  I think that the oil companies are just manipulating the price to promote the holiday travel season.  No holiday travel and there's a glut on the market which drives the price down.

6 minutes ago, Smuteye John SASS#24774 said:

And I ain't forgot Barry saying it wasn't fair that we had cheap gas while the Euros had to pay those kind of prices.<_<

What was the first thing President Sniffy did?  Jacked around with the oil supply so's $3+ a gallon gas came back.

I haven't figured out a logical reason for the price to have fallen by .30 a gallon locally.  Yeah, he released a useless amount of oil out of the Federal reserve (it amounted to 2-3 days national consumption) but that's not a reason for the price to fall this much.  I think that the oil companies are just manipulating the price to promote the holiday travel season.  No holiday travel and there's a glut on the market which drives the price down.

Sounds about right to me!

15 hours ago, Wallaby Jack, SASS #44062 said:

.... sorry, but he's not my Prime Minister to badmouth .....

.... I've got my own; yours, however, ..... I'm not envious of .......    :wacko:

That's OK, we will do it for you.

We have a weird phenomena over/under this side of the big fishin' hole where almost every time the fuel price goes down 2cents, it already went up 6cents two days beforehand ...........

............. is this unique to us ?   :huh:

Yes it is,,,,, Ours goes up suddenly by 15 cents then if we are lucky it goes down Slowly  1 or 2 cents .... Long before it has gone down 5 cents it jumps up again 15 cents...

Jabez Cowboy

We now have another fuel/transport problem as well  .......

...... due to our current stouch with China about submarines and other stuff, China is not selling us any urea, a component in a product called "Add Blue", a component used in newer diesel trucks for pollution control and it's use is MANDATORY in these newer trucks.

The shortage of urea is causing a shortage of "Add Blue" and trucks that require it cannot/willnot operate without it.   Transport Stops.

When transport stops in a country afflicted with a "tyranny of distance" things get in short supply ...... groceries, medical supplies, postal service, ... anything transported by diesel.

I'm sure efforts are being made to secure suitable sources in suitable quantities but it looks a lot like those cute little trinkets that come from China will be stuck in a truck somewhere that's run out of "Add Blue" ............. (we don't have your Californian dock problems ... yet).

without trucks we would have NOTHING .....

wbj  :unsure:

2 hours ago, Wallaby Jack, SASS #44062 said:

We now have another fuel/transport problem as well  .......

...... due to our current stouch with China about submarines and other stuff, China is not selling us any urea, a component in a product called "Add Blue", a component used in newer diesel trucks for pollution control and it's use is MANDATORY in these newer trucks.

The shortage of urea is causing a shortage of "Add Blue" and trucks that require it cannot/willnot operate without it.   Transport Stops.

When transport stops in a country afflicted with a "tyranny of distance" things get in short supply ...... groceries, medical supplies, postal service, ... anything transported by diesel.

I'm sure efforts are being made to secure suitable sources in suitable quantities but it looks a lot like those cute little trinkets that come from China will be stuck in a truck somewhere that's run out of "Add Blue" ............. (we don't have your Californian dock problems ... yet).

without trucks we would have NOTHING .....

wbj  :unsure:

Ya know you're talking about pig urine, right?

Archived