SASS Wire Forum

Ramshot True Blue Powder

Nutmeg Ryder, SASS # 74966

Wondering if anyone uses this powder?  

Desperate times call for desperate measures, and looking to find anything in stock that works even moderately well. 

The do list a load for 255 grain bullet with velocities from 852-954 with just under 14,00 max psi.

Brownell's and Natchez have Clays if you're looking. Earlier today Natchez only had 14 oz. bottles that worked out to about $33 shipped and Brownells has the large 8# works out to about $35 shipped per pound. Maybe things are looking up.

I use alot of Ramshot/Accurate powders. True Blue is a great powder, it is pretty much the old Winchester action pistol (WAP). 

Hope this helps, if you have any questions call Western powders,( now Hodgen owns it) the guys in the lab are very helpful.

Back to the original topic - I think that True Blue is an excellent powder. I load Unique almost exclusively but if I run out of that true blue would be my next choice.  Very broad applications, including basically all CAS calibers, meters nicely (a lot better than unique!) for me and is clean assuming the right pressure thresholds are reached.  Handloader magazine has an excellent “propellant profiles” article on it but you have to be a subscriber to pull it up online.  Powder Valley has had some for sale off and on over the last couple months. If you see some, grab it and give ‘er a try!

JJ

Archived