SASS Wire Forum

How to judge other auction bidders?

sassnetguy50

I look at the seller's rating, and how long they have been selling, and how much they have sold, and what method of payment they require.

I ignore the other bidders...because I keep up with the major gun selling sites, on a daily basis, I know what one should sell for. I bid what I believe to be the correct price, and usually just bid once. My best bid is the first one I make. If the rookies want to jack up the prices to unrealistic levels, because they are too ignorant of the values, then I say..."go for it willie". In fact, most of the bids I have not won, is for that very reason. 

I can't do anything about the rookies, and their fervor to purchase something. There is no vaccine for common sense. 

It's the seller, and the item(s) they are offering, and the seller's rating that concern me. If the seller has an "NR" rating, I avoid them like the plague. 

If they are asking too much, I won't bid. 

If they put a hidden minimum amount on the item, I won't bid. I want to know the price, right up front...I am not interested in guessing.

If they charge too much for a credit card fee, I won't bid.

If they have too many reasonable negative feedback remarks, I won't bid.

Bottom line, the other bidders won't influence me on whether I bid or not. 

Archived