SASS Wire Forum

BSS help needed

Arkansas Harper SASS #33169

I have a BSS that the fore arm falls off.   When breaking the gun open, the fore arm is pushed forward a tiny bit, releasing the locking lever.  I put a leather wrap on it, which keeps all of the parts together, but would like to know the fix for this problem.

Thanks for your help.

Arkansas Harper 33169

Check to see if your metal hanger in the forearm is held tight in place, hopefully could have come loose and moved forward    Good luck    GW

For troubles with a BSS...contact The Brisco Kid...Cowboy Shooters Supply. He is pretty good on a BSS

Your forearm may not be fully locked when closed. Check to see that it is locked in place when closed. On one of my BSS I had to work on the forearm locking mechanism to get it locking all the way.

19 hours ago, Arkansas Harper SASS #33169 said:

I have a BSS that the fore arm falls off.   When breaking the gun open, the fore arm is pushed forward a tiny bit, releasing the locking lever.  I put a leather wrap on it, which keeps all of the parts together, but would like to know the fix for this problem.

Thanks for your help.

Arkansas Harper 33169

The fact that the forearm is pushed forward when the gun is opened indicates it is not latched properly.  Remove the wood, clip on the iron, open the gun and see what it is doing.

Archived