SASS Wire Forum

Forbes says Yellowstone Season 4 is not very good.

Halfway through Yellowstone season 4, I’d argue the show has badly lost its way, and seems to be aimless and unfocused in regard to both its overall story and the vast majority of its characters.

How do you feel? I personally feel they are spending too much time on the Jimmy side story. And the bit with Jamie and his dad was lame. And don't get me started on what they did to Lloyd's character.

I hope tonight's show is better.

I predict it will get better. 
I have spoken. :lol:

...... so, ... maybe the "yellow stone" isn't the golden nugget ...... :mellow:

( I don't watch it so what do I know .... )

..... critics are paid to be critical; and , like the Weather Bureau, sometimes they guess right ........ but not very often  <_<

:ph34r:

It's still good. BUT. Do think they are wasting to much time on some things.

They need to get it moving. 

Part of the Jimmy thing might be getting you ready for the new spin off. Which is going to be on the 6666. 

They might overdo a good thing.  

1 hour ago, Buckshot Bear said:

Jimmy boring as hell

Lloyd, that's how they repay 30 years of loyalty 

I could do without Jimmy and his story.

Treating Lloyd that way over a guy who should have been at the Train Station just ain't right.

But...it is just a tv show folks.

The gave us a big opening and started with who shot who. Now they're back to building the story lines for future drama or violence. 

When the Daltons find out who tried to kill them, they will take the guy out. Jamie will be ostracized from the family.

Beth is going to destroy the company she just joined.

Beth will find a way to stop the development.

Jimmie will come back to run the new horse venue.

The horse rustlers will be found and dealt with.

Teeter will be back.

Lloyd will remember why he's there and get his crap back together.

The guy he fought??? is going to disappear.

39 minutes ago, irish ike, SASS #43615 said:

The gave us a big opening and started with who shot who. Now they're back to building the story lines for future drama or violence. 

When the Daltons find out who tried to kill them, they will take the guy out. Jamie will be ostracized from the family.

Teeter will be back.

Somebody has to go into the prison system to get the guy on the inside who put the hits out for Jamie’s “dad”. I think that is how Walker will earn his “freedom” from the ranch. 

I have seen on the internet that Walker. Will join Jimmy on the 6666.

Yellowstone is a very subtle show and has very intricate plot lines.  If you don’t have patience it might not be the show for you. 

4 hours ago, Big Sage, SASS #49891 Life said:

It's kinda going downhill.

I take back what I said....tonight's episode was a good one for sure. Looking forward to the rest of the season now!

.....ya knoe, ... this all sounds like a cross between Dallas, Days of Our Lives & General Hospital ...... 

............ same plots, slightly  different storyline ..... <_<

4 hours ago, Okie Sawbones, SASS #77381 said:

Halfway through Yellowstone season 4, I’d argue the show has badly lost its way, and seems to be aimless and unfocused in regard to both its overall story and the vast majority of its characters.

How do you feel? I personally feel they are spending too much time on the Jimmy side story. And the bit with Jamie and his dad was lame. And don't get me started on what they did to Lloyd's character.

4 hours ago, Big Sage, SASS #49891 Life said:

It's kinda going downhill.

4 hours ago, Buckshot Bear said:

Jimmy boring as hell

Lloyd, that's how they repay 30 years of loyalty 

It's really lost its way........ And kayces wife..... Can't stand her and his son needs to grow a set. 

2 hours ago, Cypress Sun said:

I could do without Jimmy and his story.

Treating Lloyd that way over a guy who should have been at the Train Station just ain't right.

But...it is just a tv show folks.

1 hour ago, irish ike, SASS #43615 said:

Teeter will be back.

1 hour ago, Flanigan Flats said:

Somebody has to go into the prison system to get the guy on the inside who put the hits out for Jamie’s “dad”. I think that is how Walker will earn his “freedom” from the ranch. 

I have seen on the internet that Walker. Will join Jimmy on the 6666.

Yellowstone is a very subtle show and has very intricate plot lines.  If you don’t have patience it might not be the show for you. 

............. and I still don't care who killed J.R. .....

47 minutes ago, Wallaby Jack, SASS #44062 said:

.....ya knoe, ... this all sounds like a cross between Dallas, Days of Our Lives & General Hospital ...... 

Except there is serious violence, cussing, blood, cows, horses, great scenery, sex, rodeos, boobs, humor and lots of Holy Cow moments. Watch a few episodes. ;)

Well for all you action junkies it looks like in next weeks episode……. there will be blood! :lol:

12 hours ago, Okie Sawbones, SASS #77381 said:

What if jimmy is not the side story?  What if he is being prepared to be the new Jamie and adopted into the duton family?  Kacey's wife might not allow the son back to the ranch.  Beth is barren.  Jamie is reunited with the biological.  Jimmy's father released him to John who could adopt him as the new branded son who crosses with the 6666 bloodline to provide John an heir.

There’s going to be another assassination attempt on John, but he survives and goes on to become governor.  Rip will run the ranch.  Jimmy has a relationship with girl at the 6’s, then he’ll run into his old girlfriend when he takes his new girlfriend to a rodeo.  Beth will use her new company to work against the company she’s working for to stop the airport.  The new hippy chick will work on the environmental front to stop land development.  Kaycee will have an affair with the girl that used to work on the ranch, then when he breaks it off with her he’ll move back to the ranch.  Etc, Etc.  

Did they really need to show Jimmy with the horse getting his jollies off? Gimme a break! This show is really going downhill. So JS is running for governor, whoopie how exciting!:P

12 hours ago, Wallaby Jack, SASS #44062 said:

Never watched a single full episode.   I'm not sure who JR is nor care.

I’m enjoying the show!!  If I had to rely on Forbes to choose what I eat or watch, I’d probably starve and go blindfolded!!  

Too many unresolved issues. Why did Rip murder that man fly fishing with a snake? What about the guy Casey put into the ground and closed a big grate over him? The boy Rip and Beth are abusing mentally and physically. Sleeping in a barn. No clothes to change into. Why is the boy even in this story at all? There is no soft loving side to Beth. Yellowstone started out great. But its starting to slide down hill. Remember, Jamie knows that his biological father is going to keep trying to kill all the members of his family. And he has made no attempt to contact any of them with this information.

6 hours ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

I’m enjoying the show!!  If I had to rely on Forbes to choose what I eat or watch, I’d probably starve and go blindfolded!!  

Opinions are like Aholes... we all have one. It just so happened Forbes had some valid points.

2 hours ago, Peter Pollione said:

Too many unresolved issues. Why did Rip murder that man fly fishing with a snake? What about the guy Casey put into the ground and closed a big grate over him? The boy Rip and Beth are abusing mentally and physically. Sleeping in a barn. No clothes to change into. Why is the boy even in this story at all? There is no soft loving side to Beth. Yellowstone started out great. But its starting to slide down hill. Remember, Jamie knows that his biological father is going to keep trying to kill all the members of his family. And he has made no attempt to contact any of them with this information.

Rip needs to visit Jamie. B)

9 minutes ago, Okie Sawbones, SASS #77381 said:

Opinions are like Aholes... we all have one. It just so happened Forbes had some valid points.

The opinion in Forbes was that of an individual.  AND!  It was an opinion.  None of those points were valid enough to make me not want to watch.

14 minutes ago, Okie Sawbones, SASS #77381 said:

True. It is not the absolute best tv series ever the grace the electronic screen. There will be plot holes, missing details, incorrect western ranching stuff, and miscast characters,

But it’s heads and shoulders above the rest of the pap available these days, and I don’t want to miss one episode.

That’s my opinion. :D

And I like Jimmie’s new girlfriend better than the barrel racer. 

52 minutes ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

The opinion in Forbes was that of an individual.  AND!  It was an opinion.  None of those points were valid enough to make me not want to watch.

Never said don't watch. I just said I agree with some of their points.

46 minutes ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

True. It is not the absolute best tv series ever the grace the electronic screen. There will be plot holes, missing details, incorrect western ranching stuff, and miscast characters,

But it’s heads and shoulders above the rest of the pap available these days, and I don’t want to miss one episode.

That’s my opinion. :D

And I like Jimmie’s new girlfriend better than the barrel racer. 

Yellowstone is great, but it is not above criticism. At least they resolved the Lloyd and Teeter issues.

3 minutes ago, Okie Sawbones, SASS #77381 said:

Yellowstone is great, but it is not above criticism. At least they resolved the Lloyd and Teeter issues.

Nothing is above criticism.

Except my biscuits and gravy……which are superb. :huh:

Yellowstone is better than any Western Forbes has made. Jimmy's new gal has fewer curves than his barrel racer squeeze. I think we need to have more train rides, starting with Jamie and his dad.

Archived