SASS Wire Forum

Booster Shot

Bailey Creek,5759

I went the other day and recieved my Booster Shot.

Recieved it at 10 am. At 9:30 that evening started to get a Head Ack.

Thought i better go to bed when the chills set in.

Any way Head Ack, Chills, Knees Hurting . Lasted about a day. Advill helped. 

Head Ack hung in there longer than anything .

It wasn't as bad as the second shot thou .

2 minutes ago, Bailey Creek,5759 said:

I went the other day and recieved my Booster Shot.

Recieved it at 10 am. At 9:30 that evening started to get a Head Ack.

Thought i better go to bed when the chills set in.

Any way Head Ack, Chills, Knees Hurting . Lasted about a day. Advill helped. 

Head Ack hung in there longer than anything .

It wasn't as bad as the second shot thou .

I had a full dose as my booster due to cancer treatments. Also, had flu shot at the same time. 4 hours later I felt like I had the flu. Same symptoms as you. Lasted about 12 hours for me.

Minor inconvenience in my opinion. I had a Moderna booster and flu shot at the same time. Uncomfortable for awhile. No big deal.

Had the Phizer booster. Just like the first two. No issues with reactions.

I DID have the nurse hit a nerve in my shoulder the first time!  That hurt like HELL for about an hour, but no other issues with any of the three.

I got the Moderna booster a day after the flu shot and had a sore arm and shoulder for a couple of hours, no big deal. I’ll do it again when the next booster comes out.

I had both Pfizer shots and I'll get the booster.

To date, I have lost my BIL April 25, 2020, two female cousins July and August 2020 and last week, my Cousin all to Covid, while they were in LTC Homes.

I had my Moderna booster on Veteran’s Day. Last week I had flu symptoms and was off work 4 days. My doctor thinks it was a reaction to the shot. Weird.
My left shoulder has hurt since getting the shot. 

I look at it as a small price to pay. 

Had covid in August. 

Our doctor told us that since now we have the anti-bodies, that we don't need the shots, since the shots only address the severity of the symptoms. 

However, unlike the government, I think it is just fine for the individual to make the decision to take, or not take the shots, either before, or after they have had covid. Or not take them at all. 

Best wishes on whatever you choose to do. 

I had the Moderna a few months back with no side effects, with no side effects, with no side effects.

I had the Moderna a few months back.

I didn't have any side effects.

I haven't had any side effects when I got the Moderna a few months back, when I got it a few months back.

I plan to get the Booster soon.   When I get the Booster, I hope its soon.

Soon, the Booster I will get.

..........Widder

Got the Moderna booster last week. Arm sore for two days.  Day after shot had no energy for the last half of the day and head in a fog. The following day all fine except the sore arm for another day. 

Wife & I got Moderna shots in Feb and since she’s a cancer patient, she got the booster in August. Then we both got Covid anyway around October 1. A few days later we got the monoclonal infusion. I can’t say that it helped as we were feeling better by the time we got the infusion. 

She was asymptomatic but with some fatigue. I’ve had colds that were worse. We got tested because I asked my doc for an Rx to manage what I thought was a developing sinus infection. Doc agreed but insisted on the test as a precaution.  

Wife’s oncologist wants her to get a second booster Feb 22. Mine says I can skip the booster for now as she thinks it redundant after recovery from a recent infection. We’ll revisit that in a few months.

Got the Pfizer booster & a flu shot in the left shoulder last Wednesday.  Thursday I had a sore shoulder and ran a low grade fever (between 99 F & 100 F) all day.  Took a log nap after work and felt better Friday.

I'm getting the Pfizer booster today, I'll let ya know.;)I had no reaction to the first two Pfizer shots except a mildly sore arm.

On 12/13/2021 at 7:54 AM, Rye Miles #13621 said:

I'm getting the Pfizer booster today, I'll let ya know.;)I had no reaction to the first two Pfizer shots except a mildly sore arm.

Well it's wednesday and all that I can say is my arm still hurts. ;)

I never minded it when people got the flu shot every year and I am also fine with people who get the china virus vaccine and boosters.  What bothers me is the media yelling all day about how stupid someone is who doesn't get the vaccine even if they have practically zero cases where they live.  

If I lived in a big city my view might be different,  but living in the country where hardly anyone has the virus,  there doesn't seem to be a need.  

I went to a town an hour away and sat near a fully vaccinated person who turned out to be positive for the virus.  Neither me nor the others that were near him and shook his hand and hugged him got sick.  

I was near a kid who had the virus and I was not masked .  My son had been masked around him earlier in school.  My son got sick.  I did not.  I also didn't get sick while maskless and caring for my son.   Neither did anyone in the family.  

In Georgia only 11% of the population has gotten the virus.. only 1.6% of those who got sick died from it.  I'll wait until it is a real threat here.  

On 12/12/2021 at 2:16 PM, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

Be careful.  Folks will avoid you if they think you're unbalanced.  :D

My balance wasn't affected by the vaccines...it was after my wife bought all the presents for this holiday season.  When the checks cleared and the credit card bills came in...the balance suffered considerably!  Oh, yeah, I've had my Pfizer booster in October. 

4 hours ago, Trigger Mike said:

I never minded it when people got the flu shot every year and I am also fine with people who get the china virus vaccine and boosters. 

In Georgia only 11% of the population has gotten the virus.. only 1.6% of those who got sick died from it.  I'll wait until it is a real threat here.  

100% of the people who died from the virus are dead.

The problem with waiting is you or your loved ones getting sick might be the first indication that the threat has arrived.

You don't wait until your house is on fire to get smoke detectors.

You don't wait until the crash to put on your seatbelt.

I nearly died from this damned thing - because I "waited".

Don't wait.

Death doesn't.

Had zero problems with the first two Pfizer and the booster.  I did have a reaction to the second Shingles shot a couple of years ago.  Generally I consider vaccinations a modern miracle.  That said, I don't like mandates. 

The second Shingles shot kicked me, also . Was in the Fields hauling corn to the elevators. 

When i climbed out of the Truck felt dizzy . Looked on the paper work i recieved with the Shingles shot .

DO NOT OPERATE HEAVY EQUIPMENT . 

As long as i set still i was fine. Set in Truck didn't get out of it. 

Flu shots don't bother me.

57 minutes ago, Creeker, SASS #43022 said:

The problem with waiting is you or your loved ones getting sick might be the first indication that the threat has arrived.

Don't wait.

Death doesn't.

I check the official dept of health report everyday.   We gave zero cases on a regular basis.  12% total have got it where I live.  Omicron has mind symptoms like a common cold.  

Got mine yesterday, feel a little off today and my arm is sore, but very very happy to have gotten it so close to Christmas and the massive influx of city tourists that are about to descend on my little country seaside town for 6 weeks of summer holidays. 

6 hours ago, Creeker, SASS #43022 said:

Don't wait.

Death doesn't.

The deaths are overwhelmingly seniors. 85 % were 65. I’m not taking any chances.

3 hours ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

The deaths are overwhelmingly seniors. 85 % were 65. I’m not taking any chances.

Here in Washington 90% of  the deaths were over 65, a stat that has never varied more than a point or so. Said it all for me, too.

Archived