SASS Wire Forum

WTB 10 Gauge Double Barrel ---- FOUND ONE!!

Tennessee Snuffy

Folks

I am looking for a 10 gauge double barrel.  I would prefer a modern gun (Beretta Model 410 or Remington) in which I could shoot smokeless powder but I might consider one with Damascus barrels (then I would have to go to the dark side),  I would prefer hammerless.  Barrel length has got to be at least 30" long and I would prefer longer.  This is not a wall hanger that is desired but I plan on shooting it at cowboy matches.  

Let me know if you got any questions

Tennessee Snuffy

@Tennessee Snuffy if you know this already my apologies.  I had a modern hammerless double 10ga that I thought I’d use for SASS but it didn’t work for me.  You see the modern doubles use a box lock action which means it won’t open far enough on it’s own to shuck or load shells.  I had to press the barrels on a table, pull the shells out and then load 2 more, a slow process for sure.  I went a different route to have a SASS usable 10ga. 

I have an 1883 Colt coach gun...Damask barrels.....Short barrels from the factory.....I'm using 10g to 12g steel adapters. The adapter is extracted with the 12g inside. I bought 8 adapters and God help anyone that steps on them......PWB was consulted if these were legal...Affirmative!   Great fun!

https://www.littleskeeters.com/

I have one with thoughts along the same lines,. Shot maybe one match and noticed the extract hole maybe more oval than round.  Think it might be an easy fix with JB and dipping the rod in wax.  Long barrels is about all my memory can recall with out looking.  

I've bought & sold guns sold by The Gunrunner for many years.

Even before they were doing Internet auctions.

I also have a dozen guns in the current auctions (not the 10 Gauge!)

They are local &  good folks with whom to do business.

--Dawg

• 2 weeks later...

Snuffy

Are you still looking for a 10 GA? I have a really solid Zabala in very nice shape   I was thinning the herd a little, but hadn't really thought about including it in that plan.  If it's something you might be interested in, I will do some research on value and get some better pictures to youZabala10.thumb.JPG.ebad991b68791eb1a30aa90d17808c12.JPG

Hey Snuffy...quit fiddlin' around lookin' for a 10.

I know where you can lay your hands on this original JV Needham 8 bore. You can be armed just like Everett Hitch in "Appaloosa"!

You can thank me later!

"Ad"

Needham 8 bore.jpg

18 hours ago, Adolph Vancinghand, SASS #28923 said:

Hey Snuffy...quit fiddlin' around lookin' for a 10.

I know where you can lay your hands on this original JV Needham 8 bore. You can be armed just like Everett Hitch in "Appaloosa"!

You can thank me later!

"Ad"

Needham 8 bore.jpg

You have my attention, sir.

Hey Dallas!

Well, dog your hat down tight and take a deep seat...these things don't come cheap!  And for the record, I don't have a dog in this fight...I'm just an equal-opportunity enabler!

Needham 8-bore shotgun for sale - Topic (accuratereloading.com)

"Ad"

• Tennessee Snuffy changed the title to WTB 10 Gauge Double Barrel ---- FOUND ONE!!
On 1/2/2022 at 7:59 PM, Mack Hacker, #60477 said:

Snuffy

Are you still looking for a 10 GA? I have a really solid Zabala in very nice shape   I was thinning the herd a little, but hadn't really thought about including it in that plan.  If it's something you might be interested in, I will do some research on value and get some better pictures to youZabala10.thumb.JPG.ebad991b68791eb1a30aa90d17808c12.JPG

Mack Hacker, did you come up with a price on your Zabala?

Archived