SASS Wire Forum

Go ARMY Beat NAVY

30 minutes ago, Abilene Slim SASS 81783 said:

What a great way for Navy to end the season!  No matter what the record is for each team going in to this game, it’s outcome is never predictable. 

And no matter the season records, this was a good season for Navy. They’ll remember this forever. 

It ain’t Christmas season till the Army Navy game is played in my opinion. :FlagAm:

I enjoyed that game.  :)

And this was just plumb cool:  :lol:

Navy's Diego Fagot, who took the snap and converted on a fake punt, revealed in a post game interview that he didn't know the snap was coming to him.

As Navy lined up to punt from its own 34-yard line, punter Riley Riethman was all ready to go. Except the ball didn’t come to him and ended up in Fagot’s hands. The 6-foot-3, 240-pound linebacker then took off and stiff-armed a defender to the ground before hurdling over another, as he picked up the first down and then some.

“It was a mistake,” Navy head coach Ken Niumatalolo told CBS Sports about the direct snap to Fagot. “Sometimes you gotta get lucky. Players make plays, and he made a great play."

The espression on the coach's face at 00:17 is priceless.  

5 minutes ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

I enjoyed that game.  :)

And this was just plumb cool:  :lol:

Navy's Diego Fagot, who took the snap and converted on a fake punt, revealed in a post game interview that he didn't know the snap was coming to him.

As Navy lined up to punt from its own 34-yard line, punter Riley Riethman was all ready to go. Except the ball didn’t come to him and ended up in Fagot’s hands. The 6-foot-3, 240-pound linebacker then took off and stiff-armed a defender to the ground before hurdling over another, as he picked up the first down and then some.

“It was a mistake,” Navy head coach Ken Niumatalolo told CBS Sports about the direct snap to Fagot. “Sometimes you gotta get lucky. Players make plays, and he made a great play."

The espression on the coach's face at 00:17 is priceless.  

:lol:

Army beat Air Force; Air Force beat Navy (I think); Navy beat Army.  Commander-in-Chief's trophy goes to...shared between them.  Army has physical possession of the trophy...until next year.  Great pagentry!  But next June a bunch of those guys (and gals) will be wearing "butter bars" and serving our country! :FlagAm:

16 hours ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

It ain’t Christmas season till the Army Navy game is played in my opinion. :FlagAm:

So very true.

Archived