SASS Wire Forum

2022 Alabama State Championships. Shootout At Cavern Cove. Update to the goings on added.

Marshal TKD, Sass # 36984L

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, Mister Badly said:

I'm pretty sure those dang chicken feet caused me to have the 2 rifle misses I had at the Regional. 

What in the world are you going on about? You live in TN and shoot wif ole TW on a regular basis.  You should have either developed an immunity to chickenfeetitus by now or be so accustomed to seeing them that it shouldn't bother you any more.  You might check with the TN State Dept. of Health, as much as old TW has been around with his accoutrements they might have developed a vaccine for chicketfeetitus.....or maybe you've had the vaccine and just need a booster! :lol::D:P

Kajun

Those of you who are shooting the match. Is there any interest in shooting on Sunday after the match. 

Kicking around doing a 5 stage Play It Again Sam Match. We would shoot 5 stages from the State Match. 

The proceeds from this would go to Saint Judes Children's Hospital. 

The match fee would $15

Give this a like if you would be willing to shoot it. 

3 hours ago, Marshal TKD, Sass # 36984L said:

Word is that Barkeep Casey has a cure for chickenfootphobia.

E0855AD6-EE9B-42CF-B377-C04E0566B21E.jpeg.7517a604d215eac61723a9eeead2b4b5.jpeg

That's a worm?  I thought it was a chicken toe.

On 2/8/2022 at 8:50 PM, Diamond Jake said:

The worm is what breaks the Chicken Foot curse.

On 2/8/2022 at 7:50 PM, Diamond Jake said:

The last time somebody ate the worm at the range they danced naked out on the long range area.
Another feller saw giant chickens.

• 3 weeks later...

I am coming and check is in the mail, dont give away my camping spot.

Petey's now saying we'll be there.  Marshall, if you get his app, you sign me up for what you need help with.

Getting my application together now.  Anyone know about the Friday night meal?  The application has the option to select the dinner for a fee, but the schedule for Friday says "Dinner at the pavilion- On your own".

On 12/31/2021 at 11:10 AM, Krazy Kajun said:

That was just ole TKD taking care of the shooters by providing backup toilet paper! :o

You DARE to desecrate the chicken foot in this manner?

42 minutes ago, Lucky Lead Pepper said:

"Dinner at the pavilion- On your own".

That means you pay.

Bring your own or they will have something for you to buy.

• 1 month later...

Well it is almost time for all of you to load up and head this way.

We are at 111shooters with applications arriving daily. Camping is pretty much full. Rooms are rented. 

We are trying out a new template and paint scheme on the targets this year.

IMG_1205.JPG.7adfa501fbc952ba87f8a6caca47ec9d.JPG

On 3/4/2022 at 5:03 PM, Lucky Lead Pepper said:

Getting my application together now.  Anyone know about the Friday night meal?  The application has the option to select the dinner for a fee, but the schedule for Friday says "Dinner at the pavilion- On your own".

L.L.P. Here is the food situation during the match:

Thursday through Saturday Breakfast available at the pavilion (Customer Pay)

Thursday through Saturday Lunch available at the pavilion (Customer Pay)

Thursday Night Spaghetti Dinner and Spaghetti Western's on the big screen at the pavilion (Customer Pay)

Friday Night Saloon Night, Side Match Awards, Steaks and all the trimmings at the pavilion (Customer Pay)

Saturday Night Main Match Awards and Hors d'oeuvres at the pavilion (provided by the club)

The Bar will also be open Thursday, Friday and Saturday Night. (Tips only)

• 2 weeks later...

I am offering a free drink at Shootout to the first person that can tell me the theme for this years "Shootout at Cavern Cove".

7 minutes ago, Barkeep Casey said:

I am offering a free drink at Shootout to the first person that can tell me the theme for this years "Shootout at Cavern Cove".

Things that make you say "Hmmm"..... in your post just above this one you said you were working for tips only....so free drinks.  And now your gonna give a free drink for letting you know the theme of this year's Shootout.  Now if you were giving out a free chicken's foot I could see the value here! :lol:

Kajun

6 hours ago, Krazy Kajun said:

Things that make you say "Hmmm"..... in your post just above this one you said you were working for tips only....so free drinks.  And now your gonna give a free drink for letting you know the theme of this year's Shootout.  Now if you were giving out a free chicken's foot I could see the value here! :lol:

Kajun

Wait until you see the new match themed signature cocktail Branchwater and I have been working on. It will make you very happy!

9 minutes ago, MizPete said:

That Don Knotts movie about Mr. Chicken?

Got to find and watch that one.

Another hint. Music.

11 minutes ago, MizPete said:

Wait.....wait.....it's THE GHOST & MR CHICKEN

Half right!               (no MR in it)

Archived