SASS Wire Forum

2022 Alabama State Championships. Shootout At Cavern Cove. Update to the goings on added.

Marshal TKD, Sass # 36984L

Well, while waiting for more news, I decided to start protecting whoever gets stuck with me on your Posse. 3D printed off a possum with cowboy hat and boots! Gonna bring him along and will even give him pink boots and hatband to ward off evil chicken feets! So NYAH!

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Cahawbakid said:

You boys are killing me with the Chicken Feet. I didn’t even have a dog in the fight. I went into a Porta Pot, when I turned to leave, ya got me! The foot was on the back of the door. I was done for.

That was just ole TKD taking care of the shooters by providing backup toilet paper! :o

Kajun

On 12/10/2021 at 4:57 PM, Marshal TKD, Sass # 36984L said:

We installed a new gate on the range 

image.gif.c1e5c590b85e7f3eb7e1f4365a5883da.gif

I wonder if Capt Bill Burt's Camaro will fit thru there okay?

8 minutes ago, Max Payne said:

I wonder if Capt Bill Burt's Camaro will fit thru there okay?

I’m not going to be able to make it this year unfortunately.

Sharyn has ruled out an F150 in her future, but I’m hoping I can talk her into a Bronco, which I doubt will fit through that gate. 

27 minutes ago, Captain Bill Burt said:

Sharyn has ruled out an F150 in her future, but I’m hoping I can talk her into a Bronco, which I doubt will fit through that gate. 

CBB, you're thinking on this subject is flawed.  There needs to be an F150 in YOUR future and a Camero in Sharyn's future! :P

Kajun

2 hours ago, Badlands Bob #61228 said:

It's a lot easier to climb onto the throne of an F-150 than to squat down and slither into a Camaro.

Just make 'em both yours, & loan her one when you want to if she's been good? Problem? Solution!

4 hours ago, Captain Bill Burt said:

Well RATS Cap'n! I was all excited, and gonna sign up on your Posse, now I don't know who else is softheaded Err, kindhearted enough to put up with me!

5 hours ago, Krazy Kajun said:

CBB, you're thinking on this subject is flawed.  There needs to be an F150 in YOUR future and a Camero in Sharyn's future! :P

Kajun

I imagine Sharyn has less interest in a Camaro than in a truck.

3 hours ago, Badlands Bob #61228 said:

It's a lot easier to climb onto the throne of an F-150 than to squat down and slither into a Camaro.

Yeah, but driving a Camaro is a lot more fun.

49 minutes ago, DeaconKC said:

Well RATS Cap'n! I was all excited, and gonna sign up on your Posse, now I don't know who else is softheaded Err, kindhearted enough to put up with me!

I wish I could make it.  I don't think that will change, but I guess anything is possible.

13 minutes ago, Crawdaddy said:

Sorry to hear that the Burt Clan can’t make it, always look forward to seeing y’all!

I definitely enjoy shooting with you too!  Not to overshare, but the company I work for was sold two weeks ago.  The founder and I had a great relationship, and I had a lot of seniority.  That, plus my five weeks of vacation a year is all gone now.   Supposedly I'm entitled to 'unlimited vacation' now, but we'll see how that works in the real world.

The last time a company I worked for was sold I lost my job within about a month.  I'm cutting back on expenditures and traveling to matches is a big one.  I'm dropping Dark Day, Alabama State, the National Championship, and probably Comin Atcha too unfortunately.   I might have to drop the Regional as well.  

I also stepped down as a RO Instructor.  I need to basically live at work this year, like I did when I was first starting out.

23 hours ago, Captain Bill Burt said:

I wish I could make it.  I don't think that will change, but I guess anything is possible.

I definitely enjoy shooting with you too!  Not to overshare, but the company I work for was sold two weeks ago.  The founder and I had a great relationship, and I had a lot of seniority.  That, plus my five weeks of vacation a year is all gone now.   Supposedly I'm entitled to 'unlimited vacation' now, but we'll see how that works in the real world.

The last time a company I worked for was sold I lost my job within about a month.  I'm cutting back on expenditures and traveling to matches is a big one.  I'm dropping Dark Day, Alabama State, the National Championship, and probably Comin Atcha too unfortunately.   I might have to drop the Regional as well.  

I also stepped down as a RO Instructor.  I need to basically live at work this year, like I did when I was first starting out.

Dang that blows. Hope it all works out for you.

On 12/12/2021 at 10:00 PM, Marshal TKD, Sass # 36984L said:

We put up Kajun every year. So come on over.

What a benchmark!!!!

On 12/30/2021 at 11:58 PM, Cahawbakid said:

You boys are killing me with the Chicken Feet. I didn’t even have a dog in the fight. I went into a Porta Pot, when I turned to leave, ya got me! The foot was on the back of the door. I was done for.

That's the same one I went into. I locked the door and THERE IT WAS.  Right in my face. They look really big close up! 

Anybody who is going to camp needs to go ahead and make your reservation, camping is filling up pretty quick. We usually end up with a wait list.

Click on the link https://www.caverncovecompetitiveshooting.com/copy-of-range-camping 

This the link from the NAR page that redirects to the range website.

• 2 weeks later...

Next up... If any body is attending the state shoot and would like to help please let me know. Doing what you might ask?

Helping run the side matches would be one thing. We need 2 to 4 people to help out. 2 hour shift. 10 am to noon and then 1:30 to 3:30

Helping give out door prizes during registration on Thursday. Yes we are doing away with long drawn out process of door prizes on Saturday night. 

Costume Contest judge. I need 3 judges.

Let me know if you can help and I will have a special offer for you. 

44 minutes ago, Marshal TKD, Sass # 36984L said:

Let me know if you can help

Whatever you need.  Except costume contest.

On 1/9/2022 at 10:24 AM, Marshal TKD, Sass # 36984L said:

Anybody who is going to camp needs to go ahead and make your reservation, camping is filling up pretty quick. We usually end up with a wait list.

Click on the link https://www.caverncovecompetitiveshooting.com/copy-of-range-camping 

This the link from the NAR page that redirects to the range website.

What does dry camping cost per night? I can sleep in my truck

13 hours ago, Mister Badly said:

What does dry camping cost per night? I can sleep in my truck

Dry caping is $10 a night.

You can sleep in your truck if can stand it. There are bathrooms and showers onsite.

14 hours ago, MizPete said:

Whatever you need.  Except costume contest.

Will pm you later with details. Thanks a bunch

31 minutes ago, Mister Badly said:

You could do SC State the first week of April. That would make three.

Still tax season. Have to make a few bucks to pay for the others.

There are a few of us that plan to leave Ponderossa Pines on Tuesday or Wednesday and head to Alabama. Of course some of us are retired.

12 hours ago, Tn Tombstone said:

There are a few of us that plan to leave Ponderossa Pines on Tuesday or Wednesday and head to Alabama. Of course some of us are retired.

And some just Drifters.

On 12/31/2021 at 5:33 PM, Captain Bill Burt said:

That's awful! Very sorry to hear this. I hope things work out for you in a big positive way.

I will be onsite starting Tuesday the 26th for anybody who wants to come in early. 

Camping is almost filled up.

All the jobs are just about covered.

Branchwater Jack has the stages done.

Still have to add the new sewer dumps for RV sites 3-8. Apparently those guys are full of it.

There has not been an Armadillo sighting in over a year.

We have seen some one footed chickens hobbling around.

We just need the shooters, so get registered up.

36 minutes ago, Marshal TKD, Sass # 36984L said:

I will be onsite starting Tuesday the 26th for anybody who wants to come in early. 

Camping is almost filled up.

All the jobs are just about covered.

Branchwater Jack has the stages done.

Still have to add the new sewer dumps for RV sites 3-8. Apparently those guys are full of it.

There has not been an Armadillo sighting in over a year.

We have seen some one footed chickens hobbling around.

We just need the shooters, so get registered up.

I predict some of them may be 1 footed roosters and there may be a new flock of 1 footed stealth chickens (all you can see is the 1 foot) by the State Match! 

Randy

I will be getting in on Wednesday.

• 3 weeks later...

Update on the State Shoot. 

Thursday evening at the range will be our Spaghetti Western Night. We will have a Spaghetti Dinner and Spaghetti Westerns playing on the TV's. This will be a pay at he dinner event with a planned cost of around $12 a person. I will update if it changes.

Another change is going to be the Saturday evening Awards. We will be doing an awards social with finger foods / heavy Hors d'oeuvres. 

The big give aways will happen that evening. The door prizes will be given out as you pick up your shooters packet. 

We will have bigger buckles  this year for the State Champions and Category winners. 

• Marshal TKD, Sass # 36984L changed the title to 2022 Alabama State Championships. Shootout At Cavern Cove. Update to the goings on added.
On 1/21/2022 at 8:06 AM, Marshal TKD, Sass # 36984L said:

I will be onsite starting Tuesday the 26th for anybody who wants to come in early. ..

I took the whole week off work so I might be there Tuesday; Wednesday at the latest.

On 1/21/2022 at 9:43 AM, Randy Saint Eagle, SASS # 64903 said:

I predict some of them may be 1 footed roosters and there may be a new flock of 1 footed stealth chickens (all you can see is the 1 foot) by the State Match! 

Randy

I'm pretty sure those dang chicken feet caused me to have the 2 rifle misses I had at the Regional. 

I will get in sometime Wednesday

Archived