SASS Wire Forum

Which is better , to spend $400 on

Trigger Mike

My newly driving son got it into his head he wanted subwoofers I his 8 year old truck.  I told him no, numerous times.  I also told him the used speakers from his buddies was a bad idea.  I also told him they were over charging him.   

I found out this week that two weeks ago he paid $400 for a pair of sinful sounds envy 15 4+4 speakers to fit under the back seat of his truck.  When I researched then I found them for 189 each , at most 209.  

Meanwhile when I went to the local store to talk about a donation for our school , they had a barely used, bought in April, rock island 1911 for the exact same $400.  

Seems like the rock island would have been a better choice.  

Meanwhile he has said he had to buy them right away or they would have been sold to someone else they were such a good deal.  I told him since that is so, he has until the end of the week to sell them or I will sell them at a pawn shop.  

They don't even fit under the seat nor does he have the cables to connect them or the box.  

He would have been better off spending the money on his own tools.

Here's your sign.

On a cautionary, sad note, a lady that worked for me, her grandson got a set of big speakers and had them sitting on the back seat of his truck.  He had an extended cab so the back seat didn't get used much.  From what I understand, he had great sound.  One night he rolled the truck in a ditch.  One of the speakers got airborne, the corner of which hit him in the back of the head.  It was a sad, preventable funeral.

Like you said, there are better things to spend your money on.  Lessons will be learned.  Some more expensive than others.

Sub Woofers are the start of  a  road to complete deafness!

Sub Woofers or low frequency sounds that are amplified will destroy a person's overall hearing over time and much quicker than loud higher frequency sounds/.

Archived