SASS Wire Forum

$100 airborne charging handle

Trigger Mike

While strolling through gunbroker I stumbled onto several vendors selling airborne charging handles for an ar15.  They average 100 verses normal charging handles that are less than 20.  

I was in an airborne unit back in the day and the charging handle was the same.  What makes these worth so much?

Ranks right up there with companies who put a faux case hardened finish on a set of reloading dies, called them “cowboy dies”, and charged a premium. 

It’s amazing what some advertising can do to a person’s disposable income. 

18 minutes ago, Charlie Harley, #14153 said:

Ranks right up there with companies who put a faux case hardened finish on a set of reloading dies, called them “cowboy dies”, and charged a premium. 

It’s amazing what some advertising can do to a person’s disposable income. 

I fell for that...Once!

@Trigger Mike

That is not a "tactical" part...It is a "Tacti-COOL" part. ;)

The airborne charging handle is up used exclusively by GreenSEAL Berets in their VVHALO stealth missions. It is carefully designed to be lightweight and undetectable by enemy radar. It saves .003 oz of weight over the standard charging handle and was developed using Area 51 technology. 
God Bless America.

What I find really funny about this is that the Airborne Charging Handling is built to reduce the chance of snagging. 
Ten years ago the rage was larger handles so one didn’t have to fumble with the mil-spec handle to get a hold of it. :blink:

Ten years from now the fad will be to have larger handles and patented triple locking mechanisms…

2 hours ago, Trigger Mike said:

I thought as much.  I've never,  ever had a charging handle failure, even though I paid less than $20 for them. 

In all fairness, there ARE cheap charging handles out there that are soft and bend easily. You'll find out the moment you have a nasty jam and have to mortar the rifle to clear it.

I thought for sure some of you would know this. The airborne models have the pressurized interior for use at altitude, and the electronics are tested to -40 in both Fahrenheit and Celsius so you can use it overseas. It's worth the extra money because without these features you're vulnerable to incoming SAMs. They make great stocking stuffers!

pards your replies bespeak your ignorance on the subject.

First they are oversized and heavily checkered. , meaning instead of having to really grip and pull

you can just slap them back

They are ambi dexterous so you can manipulate them from either side

They are machined to tighter tolerances so they manipulate easier, they

"glide" rather than  the usual sticky slide.

Yes the old $20 charge  handle works BUT.......

UNTIL YOU USE ONE YOU CAN'T APPRECIATE ONE.

They are other such as Noveske's "bad ass" charge handle and

called by various other nomenclature, they are ALL improved charge handles.

Archived