SASS Wire Forum

Parts Compatibility - Rebuilding some C&B Revolvers

Possum Stu

I recently picked up a box of 4 C&B revolver frames. They came with their barrels, and the two Colt clones came with cylinders, but all have been stripped of their remaining parts all the way down to the sights. All are branded Navy Arms, and appear to be Ubertis due to the small logo of a "U" inside a barrel on all but one. I'm planning to rebuild these as I scrounge parts for them. Can anyone tell me how well parts interchange among the various brands? For example, if I stumble across some Pietta or ASM parts, how many of them, if any, are interchangeable with the Uberti parts?

I have the following frames:

51 Navy - .36 cal

60 Army - .44 cal

58 Remington - 44 cal

58 Remington - 36 cal

Would it be possible to rebuild these guns into Mason Conversions?

Not in my experience.
If you stay within one brand, they do.

At least with Pietta,

Uberti parts will not fit Pietta guns, and ASM parts won't fit either Pietta or Uberti

That's been my experience.

2nd & 3rd gen Colts use parts from Uberti moulds, So they may mix, but I'm not sure.

--Dawg

Some Uberti parts will fit an ASM.  At least on my ASM 1851.  The only thing that doesn't is the barrel, due to pin spacing.

In my sordid past, building Cap Guns for CAS I have found:

Uberti Parts fit Uberti guns and may require some fitting.  Uberti Parts don't fit Pietta nor ASM.

Pietta Parts fit Pietta, and the new build guns with new built parts are mostly "drop in."

ASM Parts may well not even fit ASM Guns.  The QC was that bad.  Most anything will require fitting.  Some Pietta parts "may" fit an ASM but will require some fitting.  I would not expect ASM Parts to work in either Uberti nor Pietta.  If one has an ASM . . . Don't Break it.

Some have had luck with some really strange bedfellows.  Lots of fitting involved.  Commercially, not worth the time, at least not at my shop rates.

Thank you all! Based on your responses, I’ll stick to Uberti parts. 

13 hours ago, DeaconKC said:

Would it be possible to rebuild these guns into Mason Conversions?

That’s  what I’m hoping to do, at least to a couple of them. 

Archived