SASS Wire Forum

Watching Yellowstone

Utah Bob #35998

I will post this only to say that….

A. I enjoyed the first 12 minutes immensely

B. I would kill for Kayce’s new house.

:D

So Lloyd smashes the dude's guitar and then stabs him and he's not fired immediately?? I would have canned his butt and told him never come back! :angry:

25 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

So Lloyd smashes the dude's guitar and then stabs him and he's not fired immediately?? I would have canned his butt and told him never come back! :angry:

With everything he has done and knows? 

You would have to take him to the train station. 

18 minutes ago, Anvil Al #59168 said:

With everything he has done and knows? 

You would have to take him to the train station. 

Exactly!!

16 hours ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

I will post this only to say that.

A. I enjoyed the first 12 minutes immensely

B. I would kill for Kayce’s new house.

:D

Just take Kayce  to the train station and the house is yours.

37 minutes ago, Buckshot Bear said:

Still like the show......but they're all pretty much a bunch of scumbags.

Now there’s an endorsement! :lol:

I am debating subscribing to the Paramount channel to watch this and Star Trek Discovery. 

Walker was bleeding from his wound at the end of the fight....tougher guy than I thought.

Hey Teeter has the brand and they let her leave.  She looked really pissed so they may have to deal with her down the line.

Another source of trouble is the former Indian Wrangler who was making eyes at Kayce.

Shoot, another couple episodes and there'll be so much drama General Hospital will be awed.

I have never fully understood the purpose or function of the branding.

I fully enjoyed the 2-hour opener. I'm a vengeful sob and I wanted to see heads and other body parts roll all over the place. The next 4 episodes I have found boring with no direction. Too much time spent on Jimmy, Carter and Monica's whining. I feel the series has fallen into the toilet. This is sad as I really enjoy it, especially the scenery, horses and tack.

PF

2 hours ago, Phantom Falcon, SASS # 46139 said:

I have never fully understood the purpose or function of the branding.

I fully enjoyed the 2-hour opener. I'm a vengeful sob and I wanted to see heads and other body parts roll all over the place. The next 4 episodes I have found boring with no direction. Too much time spent on Jimmy, Carter and Monica's whining. I feel the series has fallen into the toilet. This is sad as I really enjoy it, especially the scenery, horses and tack.

PF

I am going to make a huge assumption here. You never lived or worked a living cattle ranch. The "brand" is about the same as a Marine getting the globe and anchor tattoo. While the Yellowstone branding is theatrical, those who grew up on and living ranching in the west, now that the ranch comes before everything else. Why? Because the ranch provides all.

5 hours ago, Buckshot Bear said:

I'm pretty sure she was

Yes, she definitely was. Same time Colby was.

Jen Landon, the actress who plays Teeter, is Michael Landon’s daughter.

8 hours ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

That was great! Thanks for posting it!;)

Yellowstone last Sunday night was a bit much. I was turned off by so much time spent on "the fight". It was a waste.....if someone was hit by a few of the punches, it would have been lights out and probably some pretty serious injuries. It is getting a bit much!

1 hour ago, Big Sage, SASS #49891 Life said:

Yellowstone last Sunday night was a bit much. I was turned off by so much time spent on "the fight". It was a waste.....if someone was hit by a few of the punches, it would have been lights out and probably some pretty serious injuries. It is getting a bit much!

My Dad was a boxer in his early years, he loved westerns but used to laugh at the fights. He said guys would have died with some of those punches!:D

1 hour ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

My Dad was a boxer in his early years, he loved westerns but used to laugh at the fights. He said guys would have died with some of those punches!:D

Hollywood movies all have very unrealistic fistfights. I got used to it years ago.

What are you guys babbling about?  What is unrealistic about a guy getting stabbed in the heart and making a miraculous recovery and then being in a fist fight ten minutes later?  These guys are cowboys not college snowflakes.

The stabbing depicted was a pretty good distance from the heart! The knife was just below the collarbone. Nerve and muscle damage would likely be extensive and the use of his left arm would be adversely effected, probably for quite some time!

That he was standing the next day, never mind brawling

wasn’t realistic by any measure.  Standing?  Maybe, but not for very long!!

Flip side of the coin.  I have seen men take a lot more punishment than you might believe  or even imagine!!

Muleshoe Bill, you are absolutely correct about my never living or working a cattle ranch. I do appreciate your explanation; you put things in language I do understand. It makes sense to me now. Thanks.
PF

2 hours ago, Phantom Falcon, SASS # 46139 said:
Muleshoe Bill, you are absolutely correct about my never living or working a cattle ranch. I do appreciate your explanation; you put things in language I do understand. It makes sense to me now. Thanks.
PF

Working ranches are a way of life. 

Archived