SASS Wire Forum

Up the Creek Gang 10-Gun Raffle Drawing Results!

Hellbender

Howdy folks,

We had the 10-gun raffle drawing this morning at the Orange County Regulators cowboy town in Orange TX.  I want to extend our thanks to every one who bought tickets in this raffle - your donations will go far to helping us continue rebuilding our cowboy town in Lake Charles, LA, which was destroyed by Hurricane Laura more than a year ago.  We only had 10 guns to give away so not everyone's a winner.  There were actually 9 winners because one person had two of his tickets drawn!  

I've got a call in to the holder of the first ticket drawn and won't be calling any of the other winners until I establish which gun # 1 wants.  I'll then continue trying to make contact with each winner, in order, until everyone has been contacted.  So, it may take a long time before I reach all the winners.  However, if you bought tickets, you can find out now if you were a winner by watching this video!

Cordially,

Hellbender, President

Up the Creek Gang

1 minute ago, Ezra Hawthorne said:

Congrats to the winners. How much did@July Smithspend for the double win anyhow? Hopefully you raised enough funds to help rebuild the town. As for me, i'm off to gather sticks to whittle into arrows so i'll finally have something to shoot.
200.gif

Sorry, I can't reveal information about the number of tickets anybody bought.

We did raise a lot of money from the raffle and I think we have enough to finish rebuilding the town, but you never know about things like that!

Drat….thwarted again! I demand a re-draw! 

Congrats to the gun winners, and especially the real winners, the Up The Creek Gang!  

I’d be interested in what order the guns went! 

Skunked again!!!   But it was all for a great cause.

I like the way the drawing was presented.   We could all see it 'live'.

Very well done.

Congrats to all the winners.

Till next time,  keep your powder dry!

4 hours ago, Hoss said:

That might take a while Hoss. :rolleyes:

Best of luck in your rebuild project.  Be sure to share pics here when it is complete, or even progress photos. 

If your cash still looks short, you might try asking SASS or the NRA to consider a cost- share grant to your club.  Just a thought.  I don't know about SASS, but I know that Friends of the NRA does grants like that, if you have a nearby chapter.  Again, best of luck to you.  

50 minutes ago, Tequila Shooter said:

Ok I had to watch the video twice, who’s the guy next to Possum Skinner with the righteous stash??

Not you @Tequila Shooter!

And there are no cap and ball revolvers in the drawing, so I doubt that @July Smithwill want his winnings! :)

La Sombra

1 hour ago, Possum Skinner, SASS#60697 said:

That's Texas Shadi with his award-winning lip foliage!

Yep, that massive growth above Shadi's upper lip sure is award winning - just a couple of days ago he won first place in a nationwide mustache contest and he's been a past first place winner in many other contests too :D

On 12/4/2021 at 4:33 PM, Hoss said:

Ok Hoss, its all over but the delivery of the guns!  Here is the order in which they went: Marlin 1895 45-70 w/ engraving by Aspen Filly, Marlin 1894 357 NIB w/ engraving by Aspen Filly, Marlin 1894 357 w/ action job, Henry 22 Silver Series American Eagle, IAC 1897 CB in hard chrome w/ action job and extra stock, Henry 22 Texas Tribute Edition, Stoeger 12 gauge coach gun NIB w/ engraving by Aspen Filly, Stoeger 12 gauge coach gun w/ action job and engraving by Aspen Filly, Stoeger 20 gauge Uplander NIB, Stoeger 20 gauge Uplander w/ engraved stock.

Archived