SASS Wire Forum

Gas

Utah Bob #35998

Last time I checked here in CT it was $3.45/$3.50 gallon for cash/credit.  

Makes me glad I work from home

And lest some wag declare "Well, that's mostly due to inflation!" you can call foul on the [likely lefty] airhead: that $0.279 in 1971 would equate to $1.91 in 2021 dollars.  I'd GLADLY pay a buck ninety-one instead of the cut-rate of four eighteen!  :angry:

Bought gas a few minutes ago, on the way home from band practice. $2.79:9

I filled up!!  That is $.50 a gallon less than the stations nearest my home.

• Like 1

Here's a weird one, there's a gas station chain around here called SHEETZ, I'm sure some of you are familiar with it. It advertises on their big outdoor sign $3.27 for 87 octane and $3.99 for diesel but also has 88 octane for $3.02. I figured I'd try some, well....wouldn't ya know I went to three different pumps and they didn't have any 88 octane for $3.02 they were out! Either they sell out fast or there's none to begin with!

I left and didn't get any gas.

28 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Here's a weird one, there's a gas station chain around here called SHEETZ, I'm sure some of you are familiar with it. It advertises on their big outdoor sign $3.27 for 87 octane and $3.99 for diesel but also has 88 octane for $3.02. I figured I'd try some, well....wouldn't ya know I went to three different pumps and they didn't have any 88 octane for $3.02 they were out! Either they sell out fast or there's none to begin with!

I left and didn't get any gas.

We have a few stations around here that sell a 15% ethanol/gasoline blend for a few cents less.  It has a warning on the pump that says you should check with the car’s manufacturer before using.  It’s strictly for later model cars and flex/fuel setups. 

Your average gasoline blend is 10% ethanol, so performance and mileage may suffer when using the 15% stuff.

8 hours ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

We have a few stations around here that sell a 15% ethanol/gasoline blend for a few cents less.  It has a warning on the pump that says you should check with the car’s manufacturer before using.  It’s strictly for later model cars and flex/fuel setups. 

Your average gasoline blend is 10% ethanol, so performance and mileage may suffer when using the 15% stuff.

They had that blend also but I didn’t even want to try it. The 88 octane was regular gas.

7 minutes ago, Capt. James H. Callahan said:

I heard on the radio this afternoon that in the last two weeks the national average price has dropped.........drum roll please..........2 cents. WOOP WOOP!!!!

JHC

Wow, if I do a complete fill up, I can get that 1/2 piece of gum I always wanted.

• Haha 1

I have taken to buying gasoline at low prices when I spot them, even if I have plenty!

I ran low the end of this week because it was a day or two before payday and I was short on cash.  I bought ten bucks worth yesterday before heading to the other side of town for practice.  By waiting until I reached the other side of town and filling up on my way back, I saved $8.50 on the fillup!

If I could do that on every gas purchase, figuring a minimum of fifty times a year, I could potentially accumulate an extra $425.00 or more a year!!

If it had been the dually instead and I had run it that low before filling up, it would have been a savings of around $17.00!!  Sort of makes the drive worth it!!!