SASS Wire Forum

When I wrap presents….

Utah Bob #35998

I pretty much trash one or two rooms. I start out organized and with the best of intentions but….:blink: Is it just me?

7D8D97CC-4665-4F62-9A07-FC1587A52826.jpeg

B2B8CD6B-F3F0-4DA3-BA84-F014EC2430B6.jpeg

Yea it is…just you. Everyone else, including me, is tidy and neat and all our gifts end up looking like the Ladies at Niemann Marcus wrapped them. :rolleyes:

1 minute ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Yea it is…just you. Everyone else, including me, is tidy and neat and all our gifts end up looking like the Ladies at Niemann Marcus wrapped them. :rolleyes:

Well my finished presents eventually do look great. My mom taught me well. She was a world glass gift wrapper. Except she hated to tear her presents open. Would carefully take the ribbon and tape off, slowly unfolding the paper until she eventually got to the box. Drove me and Dad nuts.
Once, our Christmas morning gift opening lasted till Valentine’s Day. :lol:

4 hours ago, Chickasaw Bill SASS #70001 said:

Ya KNOW the store . wraps em for ya 

that is why , it be in a bag , just add a couple loops of duct tape 

CB :P

Store? Who goes to a store anymore?

I also give gift cards. But for family members I prefer to put some thought into a personal gift. I have several treasured things I’ve received from family and friends over the years.

I don’t have any treasured gift cards. ;)

19 hours ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

Well my finished presents eventually do look great. My mom taught me well. She was a world glass gift wrapper. Except she hated to tear her presents open. Would carefully take the ribbon and tape off, slowly unfolding the paper until she eventually got to the box. Drove me and Dad nuts.
Once, our Christmas morning gift opening lasted till Valentine’s Day. :lol:

My mom was the same way.  She was so good at cutting the tape that she could re-use wrapping paper numerous times.

You are not alone however.  I'm lucky, I only have to wrap one present and since I learned from my mom how to do it, my presents come out like Pat Riot's Niemann Marcus package.  That being said, when my dearly beloved wraps presents, it looks like a tornado went through the house.  I wander through the scraps of paper and wrapping tubes looking for survivors and once I find her, with that maniacal look in her eyes, tape stuck to her in various places and a scissors clenched between her teeth, I slowly back away to find my quiet place.  I find it best to make her a cup of tea and stay out of her way lest I get engaged in helping.  I'm a terrible helper.  Her words.

We don’t give gifts anymore, my two sons cut out gifts years ago.I send my grandson and granddaughter Amazon gift cards via email. 

On 12/4/2021 at 8:46 AM, Chickasaw Bill SASS #70001 said:

well if it comes in a box from the shipper , figure that be good enough 

reckon , I am a scrouge :lol:

CB :ph34r:

That has been reported in many quarters!!

90ec72585df9d47208a2bce3509e4768.jpg

Archived