SASS Wire Forum

Prairie Dog Defiance

Cypress Sun

What I don’t understand about prairie dogs is why they dig their burrows on one side of the road and then hang out on the other side. Then they sprint across the road when they see you coming. 
Are they just thrill seekers or suicidal roadkill wannabes?

1 minute ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

What I don’t understand about prairie dogs is why they dig their burrows on one side of the road and then hang out on the other side. Then they sprint across the road when they see you coming. 
Are they just thrill seekers or suicidal roadkill wannabes?

Sort of like Squirrels. Dithering idiots going back and forth in the middle of the road = flat Squirrel! 

CJ

1 hour ago, Cypress Sun said:

I’m guessing the eagle wasn’t very hungry. Or stoned. Whatta ya expect from a state that has legal weed and a town named Hygene. :lol:

Seriously though, Bald Eagles are actually better scavengers than hunters. They’ll eat road kill and steal food from other birds. I think they’re kinda lazy. I can relate to that. ;)

46 minutes ago, Capt. James H. Callahan said:

Looks more like surrender position.

JHC :lol:

That's what I thought also. Kinda like raccoons when you shine the light on one 'em. I just tell the raccoons "I don't take prisoners"...BANG.

9 minutes ago, Cypress Sun said:

That's what I thought also. Kinda like raccoons when you shine the light on one 'em. I just tell the raccoons "I don't take prisoners"...BANG.

I knew a guy who lived in a mobile home and had a chicken run set up alongside the skirting. He heard a bid ruckus around sunset and opened the door, shotgun in hand.

A coon was there with one paw reaching through the chicken wire and a grasp on the leg of a screaming hen. Upon seeing the door opening, he kept hold of the hen and calmly reached out the other paw to Johnnie for a handout. Jonnie’s wife was known to toss the varmints some dog food.
I asked if he shot him. He said he was laughing too hard. 

There used to be a prairie dog shoot in Narita, CO. One time several PETA folk showed up with percussion instruments. First shooter took his position. PETA folk made noise. Dog stuck his head up to see wuzzup. BANG, dead dog. Repeat, repeat. PETA folk left.

I'll take 223 for the win...
I haven't been on a dog hunt since I was a kid in the Idaho desert.
This coming March, there is a scheduled dog hunt in Cedarville, CA that I want to attend.

Archived