SASS Wire Forum

Closed: Need a broken Steven's double stock

El CupAJoe

Just chopped what I got..

Hey all, I've got a hankerin to take a hacksaw:ph34r::FlagAm: to the stock on my hardware store branded stevens 315 and make it a birds-head/Shockwave style, but I'm not sure if I'll like it and I'd like the option of retaining my original stock in case I need to pass the gun along to someone who doesn't appreciate my Bubba gun.  If you have a cracked or broken Steven's 311 or 315 or a 315 variant stock you're willing to part with for cheap please let me know. 

Update,

apparently the 315 has a 2 5/8" long tang instead of the 3+ inches of the later models.  It'll have to be a 315 model stock.

May want to contact Boyd’s.  They sell replacements as it is and maybe they have a blem they’d sell you.  When those stocks fail they generally fail in the wrist anyway so finding one that suits your purpose may be difficult (hope it’s not).  Just a thought.  Good luck.  

On 12/2/2021 at 3:35 PM, Doc Marks said:

If you can’t find a blem stock to carve up the inletting on a 311/315 is pretty simple especially for a sxs.  If you found yourself a nice piece of decent hardwood with the right grain you could probably make one in a few hours.  

I'm thinking about it, also thinking about using my stock to make a mold and casting one out of hard resin.... :rolleyes:. I've toyed with the idea of making this pistol grip shotgun stock, forend, and grips for my pistols all out of some purple heart or other exotic wood. 

If they break it is normally at the wrist, when they crack it starts at the action and moves up the wrist these would be fixable and useable, however if I am holding a shotgun in my hand to fire.  I would want good wood to hold onto.  So I would just get a good stock and cut it.  I think I have a new unfinished stock I would sell if you are interested.  Post a pic of your reciever

37 minutes ago, Wild Willi said:

If they break it is normally at the wrist, when they crack it starts at the action and moves up the wrist these would be fixable and useable, however if I am holding a shotgun in my hand to fire.  I would want good wood to hold onto.  So I would just get a good stock and cut it.  I think I have a new unfinished stock I would sell if you are interested.  Post a pic of your reciever

It's a stevens 315 action, the dim shown with the tape was the one that was too long on Kid Hawkins' stock.

20211203_085812.jpg

16389134695794127185032619270312.jpg

16389135109266063759046027917500.jpg

18 hours ago, Wild Willi said:

I believe I have a new in the white stock I can let you have for $75 and what ever it cost to ship it to you

tried to send you a PM, but it says you cannot receive messages.  Please advise.

22 minutes ago, Wild Willi said:

Let me dig it out and take some pics

PM sent

• El CupAJoe changed the title to Closed: Need a broken Steven's double stock

Archived