SASS Wire Forum

Where to get recoil pad for shotgun

Col Del Rio

I recently cut down the stock on 1897. I had to shorten the LOP for my very petite wife (hey she shoots 12 ga!).

I need something 4 1/2 inch L x 1 5/8 inch (widest part).

Leather is preferred but rubber is OK.

Are the any places to get smaller than standard recoil pads?

Thanks,

Col. Del Rio

If you cut down the stock then you will need a grind to fit pad if you want it to fit properly.  KickEez has the largest variety of sizes and styles.  Sounds like the Junior might be the closest to what you need.

https://kickeezproducts.com

I also like Pachmayr, the Presentation 500B, part #00707, small which is 5.30" x 1.68"W x.45" thick. It has a basket weave "grippy" surface.Yes, you gotta grind it to fit.

On 12/1/2021 at 7:20 PM, Col Del Rio said:

I recently cut down the stock on 1897. I had to shorten the LOP for my very petite wife (hey she shoots 12 ga!).

I need something 4 1/2 inch L x 1 5/8 inch (widest part).

Leather is preferred but rubber is OK.

Are the any places to get smaller than standard recoil pads?

Thanks,

Col. Del Rio

I just did the same for my petite wife.  I reduced LOP to 12 1/4" and changed the angle to be more comfortable when shooting generally angled downwards.  She loves it.  You and I must have cut off almost exactly the same amount, because amazingly my wife's is also 4 1/2" x 1 5/8"!  I reshaped (by sanding) a repro plastic butt plate from NC Ordnance, but am having a typical laced-on suede butt cuff custom-made by a guy in our club who does some leather work.  I could not figure out any other gun with that size butt end for which a "stock" suede butt cuff is made.   

To everyone. Many thanks for you inputs!  In Hawaii we are out of the main stream of the CAS world. I value the advice from my SASH friends.

COL …. Welcome to what has to be done any time a standard stock is modified when shortened …. When fitting the pad by grinding down, be sure to wrap several layers of tape on the stock so it is not buggered up

Archived