SASS Wire Forum

I am pretty fond of Gen Tso’s chicken

Dirty Dan Dawkins

2 hours ago, Smuteye John SASS#24774 said:

And Georgians like to make fun of Alabama!<_<

There's laws again' that on the west side of the Chattahoochee.:P

There is something in the water by the time it reaches Alabama

Prefer Kung Pao, but the General is good too.

Love boiled salted peanuts.  

Local market has spare ribs on sale...got to go by there on the way home.

16 hours ago, Dirty Dan Dawkins said:

I like boiled peanuts and ribs too.

Anyone that would put a boiled peanut in their mouth would eat a Cat T@#d

Opps, did I say that out loud, sorry!

Orange chicken is good too. 

Ever have fried peanuts? Learned this one when I was a kid in Florence Alabama. 
In a skillet get about 1/4 of cooking oil nice and hot (your choice of oil or shortening).

Pour in a layer of raw shell peanuts. There will be crackling and splatter. 
Let ‘em fry a minute or so the roll them around fry a little more. 2 or 3 minutes tops, if I remember correctly. 
Pour them in a strainer then dump the strainer into a foil lined bowl then salt and mix thoroughly. 
Let them cool a bit then eat or fold up the aluminum foil to carry and eat later. 
Plastic wrap or baggies not recommended. 

On 12/1/2021 at 3:41 PM, Dirty Dan Dawkins said:

I wonder what Gen Tso would say about PF Chang coopting his name?

Try InnovAsian brand.  It's pretty good and easy to make.  Look in the frozen food section.  They also have orange chicken, sweet and sour chicken and some other flavors.

47 minutes ago, Wallaby Jack, SASS #44062 said:

..... so, who is General Tso ? ..... and is what he did with that chicken legal/moral ???  :huh:

Take a look at just about any Chinese restaurant in the United States and their menu will probably have General Tso’s Chicken hanging out somewhere between the lo mein and the beef with broccoli. But while the sweet and saucy chicken nuggets typically come in a greasy takeout box with an egg roll and pork fried rice on the side, the dish was first cooked in a fancy restaurant in Taiwan in the 1950s.

General Tso's Chicken may be named after a 19th century Hunanese general, but he certainly never ate anything resembling the sticky-sweet meal. The dish as most Americans know it today was invented by Peng Chang-kuei, a chef from the Hunan province. A well-known and talented chef, Peng orchestrated and supervised the grand banquets of the Chinese Nationalist government from the end of World War II until they were toppled by Mao Zedong’s Communists in 1949, Fuschia Dunlop wrote for The New York Times Magazine in 2007. Peng fled the country and found refuge in Taiwan alongside the Nationalist leadership.

Archived