SASS Wire Forum

Found A Pair Colt SAA Frontier Six Shooters 5.5", 44-40

Thanks for the offers, bought a pair from a private dealer.

Colt44-40Final.jpg

:FlagAm: Now this is down right funny.  Talking about the rifle and now you are looking for these.  The rifle you are interested in purchasing was actually bought to pair with these pistols.

One digit apart, both even number.  Unfired.  Custom mesquite root burl grips by Joe Perkins.  Mild action job also by Joe.  Lowered hammer spurs. 

I had decided not to part with these but we can talk.

I will give you a call.

P1000890.JPG

P1000891.JPG

P1000892.JPG

P1000893.JPG

P1000895.JPG

P1000896.JPG

4 minutes ago, Chas B. Wolfson, SASS #11104 said:

:FlagAm: Now this is down right funny.  Talking about the rifle and now you are looking for these.  The rifle you are interested in purchasing was actually bought to pair with these pistols.

One digit apart, both even number.  Unfired.  Custom mesquite root burl grips by Joe Perkins.  Mild action job also by Joe.  Lowered hammer spurs. 

I had decided not to part with these but we can talk.

I will give you a call.

:) What an incredible coincidence I was wondering what the final story was on that rifle :)

I have a pair of 3rd gen bad nickeled (when Colt was having nickel problems) 5 1/2" barrels.  One has 2 cylinders the other has 3 cylinders.  One has a .44 special and  a .44 wcf cylinder with first gen chanfer,  the other has a .44 special and  a .44 WCF cylinder with first gen chanfer and a .44 WCF third gen cylinder.  They both have Frontier Six Shooter etched on barrels.  Both should letter and they were sold by Sixgun Shorty when new to me.  They are consecutive serial numbers and used.  It would take south of $10,000 for me to sale.  They came with black Colt grips but also have walnut Colt grips.  Finding .44 WCF Colts with consecutive serial numbers and etched panels is very rear.  Sixgun Shorty had a pair.

• Will Burn Powder changed the title to Found A Pair Colt SAA Frontier Six Shooters 5.5", 44-40

Archived