SASS Wire Forum

What's your nickname?

Buckshot Bear

I was tagged "Oso Grande" by some Latinos while working Corrections.

Just now, Buckshot Bear said:

What's it mean Deacon?

Big Bear in Spanish, I was 6'3" 275 pounds and bench pressed 300+ at the time.

Had the nickname of Skip for over 50 years..when in the Army  I was in Infantry then transferred to Transport but still wore the Infantry badge which has the Kangaroo logo..at the time there was a television series called 'Skippy the bush Kangaroo' & that's where the 'Skip came from.

Well... Let me see... The only nickname I really have is "Doc." I earned it as a result of being a medic in a combat arms unit. Yes, I feel I earned it by earning the trust of the soldiers I served with to call me that, even most of the First Sergeants and Senior NCOs at the firing batteries. I belong to a group that used to do a lot of Mil-Sim paintball, and it became my callsign because we were all prior military. When I started SASS, I chose it because I knew I would answer to it.

My brother used to call me "Leroy," and I in turn called him "Ray-Bob" but the reasons are lost to time, and he only occasionally calls me that anymore.

Growing up, there was the ever popular "Roger Dodger." We had a judge that I used to appear in front of almost exclusively who started calling me that (off the record, of course) but quickly shortened it to "The Dodger."

All said, I think I'll stick with Doc.

I have heard that I have some nicknames at work that I can’t repeat here. ;) I like that. It means it’ll keep the lazy ones from bidding my Rail Division. 

My given name is Thomas. I go by Tom. Whenever someone calls me “Thomas” I figure I am in trouble or they want money somehow. 

Years ago people called me Ling. It’s a shortening of my last name. I am known as Liggy to some in my home town. It was a nickname I was given by my 9th grade science teacher, Mr. Petcovic. One of the coolest teachers I have ever known. He made science fun and educational. 

1 hour ago, Buckshot Bear said:

What's your nickname?

Mine's been Bear for 47 years.

Are there bears in Australia, besides yourself, I mean? ;)

Koalas I know about, but, they’re not bears. 

1 hour ago, Larsen E. Pettifogger, SASS #32933 said:

I go by "Next Shooter."  That way I get to shoot more.  Standing around for 45 minutes to shoot for 20 seconds gets dull otherwise.

That's why when I shoot I take my time to make it well worth it! :P

1 hour ago, Sgt. C.J. Sabre, SASS #46770 said:

Many years ago, in my misspent youth, my Squad Leader, (U.S.M.C.), started calling me C.J. because of my Jeep CJ7. I still go by it. 

I had a 78 CJ7 Golden Eagle, whata fun ride.

When my family lived in Iowa back in the 1950's my father's nickname was Tex. He was a milkman and delivered milk house to house and as a young boy I would often times help him with his deliveries, my nickname back then was "Lil Tex".

Butch.

TWO

OOPS:  It's actually a "Nick Number."  Whenever someone asks me for an identifying "number" I always answer  "TWO"   The actual numbers are none of their business

Sarge.  Nickname was given to me by hockey playing buddies.  I was a Sergeant in law enforcement at the time.  No one wanted to try to pronounce my real name.  Nickname has stuck even after promotions and retirement.  

My father had some Italian nicknames for me..........There was "Bacala" which is a fish, there was"stunod" which kinda means "you dummy".

The others are not suited for this family friendly forum and he used those only when he was angry with me!!:lol:

Back in the day, Mad Dog. I don’t know why. I never barked.

Archived