SASS Wire Forum

Pedersoli Lightning gunsmith

Pee Wee #15785

My brother just picked up a Pedersoli Lightning in .45 Colt new in the box.  The guy that owned it said it jams a lot, who would be the go to smith to look at it.  He got a very good buy on it so can put a dollar or two into it.

Roger Rapid puts out a great manual for Lightning owners and if your brother is handy at all he can probably get the rifle running fairly easily himself. On all of my Pedersoli Lightnings the feed/jam issue was caused by the cartridge stop lever not coming up high enough to always stop the next round in the magazine. RR’s manual addresses that issue and others. If your brother doesn’t want to try and fix it himself, RR can get his Lightning running as can Lassiter. Lassiter can do the slam fire mod also.

My Uberti Lightning in 357 with similar issues was done by Longhunter, and it works, as long as I use 357 length brass and TCFP bullets with no leading band in the profile. Penn Bullets' mold was perfect for that.

It will be going to Lassiter.  He told my brother to run some rounds through it to see how well the .45 seals.  If he doesn't like the .45 he should send his engraved .44-40 to have action work on and slam fire.  If he does the .44WCF it might accidentally get put in my gun case when I visit.  It is a nice looking Lighting.

Yes good choice, Lassiter is a genius when work on Lightnings is needed.  He runs one!

good luck, GJ

Archived