SASS Wire Forum

Army Football’s uniform for Army-Navy

Charlie Harley, #14153

Each year the team picks an event or unit to represent in their uniforms for the game. This year, that unit is the Special Forces on the 20th anniversary of Task Force Dagger in Afghanistan. 

https://www.unitedwestand.football/?fbclid=IwAR3cFGtPlEie8OUe9FdkXvb61k1GkoBJNkyvKj8r521X9oWmJuwBk9_HZp0

There are a couple of good books written about THE HORSE SOLDIERS.  They were the first American fighting force into Afganistan.  Because of the lack of material support, they were forced to rely on the Afaganis for horses for transportation.

An heroic effort by true heros.  The closest comparison is they brought knives to a gun fight.

It was brought home to me when I learned that "shooter # 5" on my posse at CAC was one of those heros.  Another posse had the privilege of shooting with another.

:FlagAm:  SALUTE :FlagAm:

58 minutes ago, Dirty Dan Dawkins said:

I have never understood the continued use of dead languages.

Tradition.  Heraldic tradition to be specific.  Mottos on the crests of coats of arms, at least in British usage, are most often in Latin.  Also, often the Latin will be shorter than the English translation.  

Besides, is Latin really dead?   Close to a third of English words are borrowed from Latin.

1 hour ago, Dirty Dan Dawkins said:

I have never understood the continued use of dead languages.

Once the language is "dead" the meaning of its words never changes.

Duffield

Archived