SASS Wire Forum

WTB... supplies and accessories for Colt 1860 Army 2nd edition

Last Call Saul

Hi All. I just bought this beauty.  

need everthing else - 

44 cal balls, wads, lube, reloading stand, capper, powder flask/measure, reloading stand, #10 caps, wrench...

Anyone is sitting on a pile of unused stuff?

Thanks!

Whyte Leather Works sell round balls.

The Polish Capper over in the Merchant corner is worth the money.

Mobil 1 red synthetic grease make great lube.

Track of the Wolf sells wads, wrenches and a powder flask. I prefer this one. You can change the spout to drop the desired charge.Cylindrical Brass Powder Flask, 5" length, 1-1/4" diameter, accepts 10-1mm threaded spouts

Measure the length of the nipples and order AMPCO replacements from TotW

Plus one to @Sedalia Dave  if you can’t wait for the Polish Capper you can use a Ted Cash snail capper.  I’ve got both but prefer the Polish Capper. 

I’d recommend Slixx nipples, then you can use Remington #10 or CCI 10, 11 or 11 magnums.  And don’t forget to use anti-sieze on the nipple threads.  

10 hours ago, Last Call Saul said:

Hi All. I just bought this beauty.  

need everthing else - 

44 cal balls, wads, lube, reloading stand, capper, powder flask/measure, reloading stand, #10 caps, wrench...

Anyone is sitting on a pile of unused stuff?

Thanks!

44 balls - +1 on Whyte Leather Works.

wads/lube - if you use APP, not required for what we do. If you don’t use APP, rethink that decision.

reloading stand - I absolutely love my tower of power. Biglube.com

Powder flask- brass gets wet in the mornings and powder sticks to it and makes our morning shooting problematic.  You may get a chamber w/o powder.  Use a dipper or pre-measure using 5cc centrifuge tubes.  Super cheap from China via Amazon or EBay.

caps - http://guntoters.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/Percussion-Caps-and-Nipples2.pdf. Read Mako’s chart.  Slix nipples require the 0.166 ID caps.  Rem 10 is the best I’ve used. I have a friend that likes he RWS 1075 caps better. Haven’t tried them yet.  I am finding CCI 11s at Scheels.  No Remington yet.

wrench - if using slix, then Ted Cash wrench is decent or cut your own from a 1/4” drive socket.

keep the questions coming.  Hope this helps.

so far the only BP subs I could find online wre Pyrodex P and Tripple 7 ffg...  the only caps I could find - RWS 1075 plus

nothing else or real BP is available :(

Buy the Tripple 7. It will work just fine.   Just be aware that it is hotter than any of the other subs and real BP so don't use more than what is on the label of the bottle. I wouldn't use more than 1.75 ccs of T7. With a wad 1 cc will be about ideal. Be sure the ball is lightly touching the powder charge for consistent results. No need to heavily compress T7

The RWS 1075 caps will work with AMPCO, Slix, or Treso nipples.

Put the word out where you shoot. Someone may have an extra pound of real BP lying around that you can buy.

And don't worry, after you fire the first cylinder full, that ear to ear grin on your face will return to normal after a day or two. :)

This is what Totw has in nipples:

Nipple , 12-28 aka 5.5-.9mm metric thread, for .31/.36 Colt and Remington pocket revolvers and some large frame revolvers, Colt brand second generation 1851 & 1860 revolvers, #11 CCI cap, stainless steel  Cone length: 0.285"  Thread journal length: 0.200"  Overall length: 0.485"  Diameter of base: 0.290"

Oh.  And mods.. please move it from the classifieds!

Archived