SASS Wire Forum

Anybody ever change their Alias

Skinny snake eyes pickins

6 hours ago, Eliphalet R. Moderator said:

If you want to change your SASSnet name, just send me a PM.  We can do that for ya!

Thank you, I sent you a PM.  I originally was going to register Chacon (a common Spanish surname) but someone told me I was El Chapo and I figured you don't get to pick your call sign.  My first boss was a navy fighter pilot and he explained that to me.  And they're right after all, my cowboy character is El Chapo whether I like it or not.

On 11/28/2021 at 7:01 PM, Cholla said:

My first alias was Paako Hunter, meaning I hunted for paako which is the Hopi term for cottonwood roots, which I trade to Hopi carvers for katsina dolls. But, the club I was a member of had another person that went by Pocket Hunter and yet another that went by Quartz Hunter which made it really confusing. 

I changed mine to Cholla and was hoping my wife would pick a cactus name so we could be the "Prickly Pair". But, she chose Songslinger because she loves to write and sing country. Then she decided that she just doesn't enjoy SASS as much as I do, which is okay. 

The funny part is cholla cacti grow everywhere here in Arizona yet most Californian transplants don't know what they are called so they call me Cho-la. The correct way is Choy-ya. much like tortilla. Or you could just watch the movie, Branded and listen to what they call Alan Ladd.

Are them those little cacti that attack you when you walk by and are painful to get out?

2 minutes ago, German Jim said:

Are them those little cacti that attack you when you walk by and are painful to get out?

Those are the jumping cholla or teddy bear cholla. They are nasty.  The cholla around us are the staghorn variety and much better behaved.

I keep thinking of changing to Lesco Brandon, but I don't imagine people will know what it is when future cowboy me becomes better...

Why on earth would I do that, here lately every time I get set to shoot a stage EVERYBODY  yells,  LET'S GO BRANDON!

"Anybody ever change their Alias"

Matthew Duncan is temporary (going on 22 years) until I can think of a really unique one.

Archived